Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd March 2007, 12:25   #1
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Default Just a couple of questions...

I have been having problems with the airbag light on my ZT-T, and have checked the connections under the seat. Decided to take the car down to someone who had the T4. Came back with the following error:

Quote:
Control module diagnosis MG Airbag AB Autoliv ACU Error memory
805 Front belt tensioner igniter circuit
Resistance too high
Anybody got any ideas what that means?

Next question... I'm trying to put a set of chrome mirror covers on, and cant get the silver ones off. How do you take the others off without causing too much damage to them?

Thanks in advance,

Michael T
Old 3rd March 2007, 17:37   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi Austin,

I cant offer any advice on the fault code. but to change the mirror back i found it easier to pop the glass out and then that gave me access to the cover pegs that clip in to place.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 19:08   #3
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
I cant offer any advice on the fault code. but to change the mirror back i found it easier to pop the glass out and then that gave me access to the cover pegs that clip in to place.
So.. how do you pop the glass out?

LOL.. I don't want to break anything - and where there's glass - I know what I'm like!

Cheers,

Michael T
Old 3rd March 2007, 19:08   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Have heard of this before, The resistors on the Seat Belt Pretensioners, or a Bad Earth. Advice not to use Meter on this as could trigger Airbags, dont know if this will be of any assistance?: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...+Pretensioners
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2007, 23:39   #5
davehockley
Avid contributor

MG ZT 180SE Sport Auto 2.5V6 Facelift (Commission No - 23916)

The mirror backs come off easily if you slide something thin into the join between the mirror back and the main body from underneath, then gently twist it a little and work round. A wallpaper scraper is ideal. It only takes a couple of minutes to change the pair.
Old 4th March 2007, 13:08   #6
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehockley View Post
The mirror backs come off easily if you slide something thin into the join between the mirror back and the main body from underneath, then gently twist it a little and work round. A wallpaper scraper is ideal. It only takes a couple of minutes to change the pair.
An old credit card is best 'cos it doesn't damage the edge of the cover.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 21:38   #7
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Well all..

Got some good news to report on the problems listed above. Since my car is still under warranty until next week I decided to take it back and let them deal with it. It seems like they have gone to town on the repair, as besides chopping off at the aribag connectors and soldering them under the front seats it appears that they have had the back seat out, and fiddled with stuff in the boot. So one assumes they've done a decent job.

Not having any job getting the mirror backs off, tried a metal rule in between the glass and the mounting - but nope.. that didn't do anything. So not moved any further forward on that score

I've also spotted some rust on my front door where it looks like someone has perhaps opened the door onto a step. So I need some form of touch up pencil.. anyone got any ideas where I'd get one from. I've tried Halfords they don't appear to stock Starlight - what's the equivalent old Rover paint colour?

Cheers,

Michael T
Old 9th March 2007, 21:52   #8
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Michael
You will get a touch up kit from Rimmer bros. Or any Xpart dealer. About sick squid for the pencil that's two bottles one with colour and one with lacquer.

The technique for removing mirror backs is to use a plastic tool inserted between the back and the surround starting underneath and working your way around to the top, thus releasing the clips as you go.
Kandymans method is to prise out the glass which is a press fit into retaining clips, then releasing the back to surround clips from the inside.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 21:56   #9
eVoHicks
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTI

Hi, welcome to the forums. Try rimmer bros ( http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/) for touch up paint, a phone call and credit/debit card number and your away. Excellent service. Just quote them your paint code (found on vin plate).

Andy

PS beat me to it GG
Old 10th March 2007, 12:04   #10
austin_1100
Loves to post

MG ZT-T/ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
The technique for removing mirror backs is to use a plastic tool inserted between the back and the surround starting underneath and working your way around to the top, thus releasing the clips as you go.
Kandymans method is to prise out the glass which is a press fit into retaining clips, then releasing the back to surround clips from the inside.
Neither of these methods appear to be working. I don't have an old credit card to try - a wall paper scraper just damages the mirror back if you aren't careful.

The glass won't budge and some funny green plastic thing has now fallen off the back of the passenger door mirror.

I seriously don't think I am ever going to get these fitted successfully

Cheers,

Michael T