Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2019, 23:05   #1
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Front Wing Removal

How to remove the front wing with the bumper still attached.

Fig 1 Remove the screw inside the front wheel arch helps if you turn the wheel inwards.

Fig 2 above that remove the 10mm nut or screw which ever your car as

Fig 3/4 at the rear of the front wheel arch peel bacl the liner and you will see two 10mm bolts these will have to be removed if a mud flap is attached this too will have to be removed.

Fig 5/6 use a long reach 10 scocket and remove the bolts keep safe for replacing later.

Fig 7 both bolts removed

Fig 8 remove the upper wing bolts all but the last one at the front

Fig 9 leave these two bolts for now one wing and one slam panel bolt.

Fig 10/11 remove the bumper top bolts/screws up to the middle one over the front grill which i think is four or five in total

Fig 12 you can now tug the front bumper out and towards you careful not to catch the wing if its to be used again ? if so maybe best to tape it up.

Fig 13 between the bumper and the wing gap you will see another 10mm bolts this needs to be removed also

Fig 14/15 again you a long reach 10mm socket

Fig 16/17 Open the door and at the top between the gap above the top hinge you will see yet another 10mm bolts remove this also.

Fig 18 inner wing above the door hinge bolts removed and put with the other to use again later when wing is replaced.

Fig 19 remove the 10mm slam panel bolt

Fig 20 Gentley pull out the bottom of the wing from the body be careful

FIg 21 Lift wing up careful over the lip of the inner wing ridge

Fig 22/23 You should now be able to see the side repeater slide it back and remove from wing recess, remember this will be easier for you as i am using one hand the other holds the camera even better if you have someone to help with this process from start to finish.

Fig 24 Remove the last bolts which you should have loosened before at the beginning

Fig 25 Remove the wing from the car carefully.

Fig 26 wing removed ready to do your work or replce the wing with a new one if the old one was damaged.

I hope this as helped you with regards to removing the front wing without having to remove the front bumper.

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk.
The 75 and ZT Owners Club nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result
of you following this How-To.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2019, 07:33   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

just to add a bit if I may.
looking at the 8th picture, you may find washers under the wing to lift it. No idea why but they were colour coded when I took the wings off my 1.8.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2019, 11:02   #3
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Thanks Steve, without the time & care you take for your "How to's" in pictures, numpties like me would struggle
Have one of those "Thanks" thingies
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2022, 21:37   #4
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Thanks Steve, without the time & care you take for your "How to's" in pictures, numpties like me would struggle
Have one of those "Thanks" thingies
HI Ron.
Thankyou for your kind remarks, members may find it easier if they remove the bumper completely as the above is only a quick version of removing the front wing. bumped up as Frank as recently been asking

ad altiora tendo.

Old 23rd June 2022, 14:38   #5
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Thanks once again to Arctic

Many thanks again for that procedure. The rust bug has finally eaten through the repeater mounting area, so the wing I have waiting will be fitted - when it cools down a bit.

My car looks to be the same colour as the one you showed in the proc, as a coincidence. Other than the wing, the body is holding up very well.

Underneath is not the same story, sob.

And just to let you know, your solution to the end popping off the drivers door lock cable is still going strong. I fitted the crimped end as a temporary measure, but it still works after all this time. Marvellous.

Anytime I do any work on the Rover, I check if you have done it first, as doing that makes the job so much easier than any manual I have ever read - the big Rover one included.

Best, Frank B
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2022, 09:27   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgoldstar View Post

Many thanks again for that procedure. The rust bug has finally eaten through the repeater mounting area, so the wing I have waiting will be fitted - when it cools down a bit.

My car looks to be the same colour as the one you showed in the proc, as a coincidence. Other than the wing, the body is holding up very well.

Underneath is not the same story, sob.

And just to let you know, your solution to the end popping off the drivers door lock cable is still going strong. I fitted the crimped end as a temporary measure, but it still works after all this time. Marvellous.

Anytime I do any work on the Rover, I check if you have done it first, as doing that makes the job so much easier than any manual I have ever read - the big Rover one included.

Best, Frank B

HI Frank
Thank you for your kind words, hopefully the job will go smoothly for you, copper leaf was the colour do report back how changing the wing over goes cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Old 12th October 2022, 17:59   #7
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
just to add a bit if I may.
looking at the 8th picture, you may find washers under the wing to lift it. No idea why but they were colour coded when I took the wings off my 1.8.

macafee2
Very true, I removed a wing yesterday following Arctic's fine guide and yes I found two washers under the wing in the top centre positions.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 15:49   #8
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Just had a look in the "How To's" and didn't see this. I may have missed it though. If not, could it it be put there cos it's a great resource as usual.
Dave
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote