Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th March 2018, 13:18   #11
dbt01
Retired

OK Ian. I live about 15km away from the Classic Park in Boxtel and, having lived here for 45 years, know the area quite well! I always use the tunnel incidentally. Far easier and quicker, and as you say, not prone to weather disruptions. Obviously any difference in ferry/tunnel rates will probably be the deciding factor in the end though, I imagine.

My wife worked in a **** NH Hotel and Conference Centre in Eindhoven nearby for many years before retirement, and still has contacts which could help with a better than decent room-rate depending on the numbers involved and the dates when known. I can do quite a lot of running around to sort things out for you if necessary anyway, since I'm retired and tend to have time on my hands.

You may have seen posts from 'Supervinnie40', on the forum. Well, he lives only a little further away than me in Tilburg where there is a great theme park too (https://www.efteling.com/en), not only for kids, which could be one of the two days? Let's not leap ahead, but I will contact him and suggest we can maybe work together as a Dutch 'Anchor' when nearer the time.

I will be taking Le Shuttle and be at the Pride of Longbridge on April 14th, so if you or Trikey are too, then look me up with the Two-Sixties group (only Chatsworth LHD 75 V8 there I imagine !), and we can have a jaw about it?

David

Last edited by dbt01; 28th March 2018 at 13:38..
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 21:16   #12
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
OK Ian. I live about 15km away from the Classic Park in Boxtel and, having lived here for 45 years, know the area quite well! I always use the tunnel incidentally. Far easier and quicker, and as you say, not prone to weather disruptions. Obviously any difference in ferry/tunnel rates will probably be the deciding factor in the end though, I imagine.

My wife worked in a **** NH Hotel and Conference Centre in Eindhoven nearby for many years before retirement, and still has contacts which could help with a better than decent room-rate depending on the numbers involved and the dates when known. I can do quite a lot of running around to sort things out for you if necessary anyway, since I'm retired and tend to have time on my hands.

You may have seen posts from 'Supervinnie40', on the forum. Well, he lives only a little further away than me in Tilburg where there is a great theme park too (https://www.efteling.com/en), not only for kids, which could be one of the two days? Let's not leap ahead, but I will contact him and suggest we can maybe work together as a Dutch 'Anchor' when nearer the time.

I will be taking Le Shuttle and be at the Pride of Longbridge on April 14th, so if you or Trikey are too, then look me up with the Two-Sixties group (only Chatsworth LHD 75 V8 there I imagine !), and we can have a jaw about it?

David
Hello David
I will contact you in the next couple of days.
Many thanks and very best regards Ian
Old 9th April 2018, 08:53   #13
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post

David

Hi David
Did you receive my PM on the 30th March regarding this post.
Regards Ian
Old 20th August 2018, 21:24   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Is there any update on this trip yet Ian?
Old 21st August 2018, 07:24   #15
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Is there any update on this trip yet Ian?
Hi David
I hope to have the date by end of October
The Best of British Show is usually the third weekend in September...BUT I won't know for certain when/if next years event takes place until this years show is over..http://www.classicpark.nl/event/79/best-of-british
I've made contact with the events director and will contact him in October and post details ASAP.
There are no prices published for September 2019 available from Le Shuttle or Stenna Line, again I hope to have them by October/November

Nice to see that interest is still good for the trip and of course folk can still add their name to the attendance list.

Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 08:56   #16
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

Ive already got my holiday form to fill in when we defo know dates 😊
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 14:28   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
Ive already got my holiday form to fill in when we defo know dates 😊

That means I gotta bring you along then!
Old 1st October 2018, 14:30   #18
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
That means I gotta bring you along then!

You wouldn’t go with out me anyway 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1st October 2018, 15:15   #19
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
You wouldn’t go with out me anyway ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should that not read "You wouldn't DARE go with out me anyway"

Old 5th October 2018, 11:47   #20
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Hi Folks
Just an update to let you know that we're still awake..
I have today contacted Olaf at the Classic Park in the Netherlands to see if a date for 2019 Best of British show is available yet..
Here's a copy of his reply..

Hello Ian,

It’s nice to here that there is so much interest in our event ‘Best of British’. I don’t have the date for 2019 yet but I hope I can tell it to you before the end of October.

Is that okay for you?

Met vriendelijke groet, / With Kind Regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

O.M.L. (Olaf) van Kuijlenburg

So I hope to be able to confirm dates in 2 or 3 weeks.

Cheers Ian