Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th September 2008, 21:16   #1
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Default Had a bad week .......

Turned up to the allotment Saturday morning to be greeted by this..

I'm over the shock now. There are some not very nice people about after dark. The police have CCTV footage showing 3 teenagers (about 15 yrs old) climbing the fence to get onto the site. To dark, grainy and distant to make their faces out. Fingerprints from a heater though. Because I stored everything in the two main sheds, I lost everything. Oh and the greenhouse too.

This is what's left of the greenhouse and its contents. Replacing everything comes to about £2,500.

All my onions were in the shed drying out. It was going to be my best crop in 2yrs. I even kept the rotavator in the shed as I didn't like putting it on the back seat as oil doesn't go well with beige leather. It's funny, you don't know just how much stuff you have till it's gone. I'm not joking when I say I don't even have a single seed tray now!

Though I have not had the heart to start clearing things up yet, I will try and get there this weekend if the rain holds off....

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 21:18   #2
tourerfogey
Banned

Shakes head in utter disbelief and asks WHY?

tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 21:21   #3
Simon
Banned

-

That's very saddening to see those pictures. I do hope you manage to recover your losses from this event, is that possible? The things some people do is appalling. I would have never dreamt of damaging someone else's property when I was kid. Sorry to see that you have been the victim of mindless vandalism.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 21:27   #4
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
Shakes head in utter disbelief and asks WHY?

Only 2 alltoments were torched. Mine and my neighboour. Next door belongs to a school. Many people think it could be a troubled pupil out for revenge and I just happen to be next door. Why else would they walk past other plots to get at ours?.... I'm puzzled.

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
Old 4th September 2008, 21:30   #5
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I always wish the morons that started fires got trapped and had a slow, lingering, painful death.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 21:32   #6
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
That's very saddening to see those pictures. I do hope you manage to recover your losses from this event, is that possible? The things some people do is appalling. I would have never dreamt of damaging someone else's property when I was kid. Sorry to see that you have been the victim of mindless vandalism.
Sadly not. The whole site is rented off the council and there is no money to help me start over again. I have aproached the allotment committee but as yet not heard anything from them. There was some break-ins about 3 days before the fire. Mine and a dozen other plots were damaged and had stuff stolen. They took all my sharps and a crow bar. We all wanted barbed wire extended accross where they came over but the committee head person said it could wait. Now this. Well I can tell you I went looking for him that morning!!!! and I still am....... he was playing Golf, then bowling then fishing... the whole weekend. Me thinks he is keeping out of the way.... but he can't hide forever or his cabbages will die....

Old 4th September 2008, 21:33   #7
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
I always wish the morons that started fires got trapped and had a slow, lingering, painful death.
Hmmmm BBQ...... sounds good to me.

Old 4th September 2008, 22:04   #8
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

I feel for you.

Onanists that do things like that need flogging.

Does your house insurance cover things like whats happened?
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 08:10   #9
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
I feel for you.

Onanists that do things like that need flogging.

Does your house insurance cover things like whats happened?
I wouldn't have thought so, but it may be worth a call as a few people have mentioned this.

Old 5th September 2008, 09:55   #10
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

Despicable. Gut-wrenchingly despicable. We have allotments at the rear of our house and they've experienced thefts and vandalism. Why do these morons have to ruin the hard work and enjoyment of others? Bring back the birch I say, spare the rod, spoil the chlld. No doubt the more liberal amongst us will disagree, but there was never anything like this when I was that age and that was when the slipper was the answer to unruly or bad behaviour in school. And either the wrath of one's parents and/or a smack across the back of the legs.

If the offenders are caught, their parents should foot the bill to repair the damage and the offenders should do the repairs....learn a bit of respect and manners.

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote