Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th July 2008, 17:37   #1
BRG190 Pete
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Default little squeak - any ideas?

Hi All

About 10 days ago, I started to hear a little squeak occasionally, and it has gradually begun to happen more and more.

Basically, it is a little high-pitched squeak and sounds very like the noise you get when you press any of the climate control buttons.

I have felt around the dashboard area but can't locate the source. Has anyone else had this noise, please, and, if so, how can I stop it?

Many thanks in advance
BRG190 Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 16:13   #2
hotthread
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG190 Pete View Post
Hi All

About 10 days ago, I started to hear a little squeak occasionally, and it has gradually begun to happen more and more.

Basically, it is a little high-pitched squeak and sounds very like the noise you get when you press any of the climate control buttons.

I have felt around the dashboard area but can't locate the source. Has anyone else had this noise, please, and, if so, how can I stop it?

Many thanks in advance
If it's a cross between a whoop and a squeak, that might be your aircon going on and off. Mine whoops quite loudly sometimes...a bit like a 'swannee river' whistle. The wiser members of this august forum may suggest checking the gas in your aircon system.
hotthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 19:27   #3
BRG190 Pete
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Thanks for the reply.

No, don't think it's the air con system. It happens whenever I go over any bump in the road, however small. Wonder if it might be something to do with the suspension?
BRG190 Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 19:35   #4
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Check that your under engine tray is properly fitted. Mine used to make a noise when going over any kinda bump in the road.. 2 bolts missing!

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote