Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th December 2010, 20:20   #1
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Default On to pastures new.

Hi guys.

It is with regret that I have sold my 75 connie for an S-Type Jag. I've had a wonderful 4.5 yrs with her and though I've had some expensive repairs I have fond memories too. She's taken me to Le Mans twice and the Family to Europe on a couple of occasions.

I didn't want to just disappear from this forum because I owe a lot to the people on here who have helped me through the rough times with the Connie. This forum has been brilliant and although it seems there are some turbulent times at the minute, I hope these pages carry on in the future. This forum should be here for those who own a great British Car.

So I just want to say thank you to all.

Alan

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 20:29   #2
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Well said & good luck with the Jag
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 20:37   #3
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Don't be a stanger and feel free to visit anytime

Best of luck for the future and I hope you enjoy the jaguar
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 20:49   #4
apywell
Gets stuck in

Thanks for the wishes.

TBH I am enjoying the Jag. 2.7 V6 diesel, twin turbo, Jag voice and 209 BHP. Apart from the obvious, it's quite similar to the Connie.

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
Old 6th December 2010, 12:09   #5
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apywell View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

TBH I am enjoying the Jag. 2.7 V6 diesel, twin turbo, Jag voice and 209 BHP. Apart from the obvious, it's quite similar to the Connie.
Hi apywell,
After having had 3 Mk1 75's, 2 saloons and 1 Tourer, all of which served me very well, I bought a 2.5 S-type in Oct 2006 and have been very pleased with it. The reason being I was not keen on the facelift job done on the 75 at the time. Jaguar did a much better facelift job on the S_Type
My S has now done 73500 miles and doing okay.
Must say though that the interior lacks all the nice storage place of the 75 and the front door pockets are very narrow in comparion to the 75. Otherwise is is a very smooth car indeed.
Mine is a 2.5 V6 petrol with the manual gearbox, which is what I wanted as I'm not very keen on auto boxes.
As others have said, stay with us and and give the benefit of your 75 experiences etc.
Enjoy your new purchase.
A picture of my S. Just any excuse to print it off.

Regards,
Telfer

Last edited by Telferstr; 6th December 2010 at 12:15..
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 12:31   #6
Eljay55
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Auto Connoisseur se tourer 55 reg in Primer!

Enjoy your Jaguar Alan but pop in from time to time to keep us informed how much you miss your 75

Graham

mods so far:
Synergy2 and peirberg maf
EGR bypass
Crofts door finishers
Tow bar and twin electrics

Eljay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 21:15   #7
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Hi apywell,
After having had 3 Mk1 75's, 2 saloons and 1 Tourer, all of which served me very well, I bought a 2.5 S-type in Oct 2006 and have been very pleased with it. The reason being I was not keen on the facelift job done on the 75 at the time. Jaguar did a much better facelift job on the S_Type
My S has now done 73500 miles and doing okay.
Must say though that the interior lacks all the nice storage place of the 75 and the front door pockets are very narrow in comparion to the 75. Otherwise is is a very smooth car indeed.
Mine is a 2.5 V6 petrol with the manual gearbox, which is what I wanted as I'm not very keen on auto boxes.
As others have said, stay with us and and give the benefit of your 75 experiences etc.
Enjoy your new purchase.
A picture of my S. Just any excuse to print it off.

Regards,
Telfer
Nice photos there Telfer.

Old 6th December 2010, 21:32   #8
apywell
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie66 View Post
Enjoy your Jaguar Alan but pop in from time to time to keep us informed how much you miss your 75

Graham
Some people say that my S-Type is quite like the old 75 apart from the colour. But you know something Graham, yesterday I glanced back after parking just as I used to with the 75