Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2009, 16:40   #31
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Went up to Executive Motors in Upchurch, Kent yesterday to order a new key for my new Conn SE (ouch!!!) and I was quite surprised at the number of MGR products I saw on the way to and from their premises. The distance was around 6 miles each way and I saw something like 14 75s and ZTs including the several in my road and not including my own. I wouldn' have thought that MGR were any less represented than other manufacturers. There are around 5in my street not including mine.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 22:49   #32
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

I have recently noticed a 75 at work.. So mine isn't the only 75 in the village. There used to be another one at work after he saw mine and decided to have a chat to me and then purchased one himself.

I have also noticed a zt down the street where I live a couple of days running..

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 22:59   #33
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Went to the Bentley and Wildfowl Museum today in the South east and counted 8 75 or ZT's on the trip.

Also spotted out granddad.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 10:44   #34
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Broughton View Post
I have a phobia about car parks and probably need help!!!!!!!!

If I cant find a slot where I think the car is protected from attack I spend as long as it takes to find somewhere I think is suitable.

Chris
Same here

Not that common in my area, but may spot sometimes 1 or 2 in the same day

(To mark the event, this is my 1000th post :lol
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:40   #35
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Broughton View Post
I have a phobia about car parks and probably need help!!!!!!!!

If I cant find a slot where I think the car is protected from attack I spend as long as it takes to find somewhere I think is suitable.

Chris
I do the same and it drives my partner mad, but I need to be happy with the space before I can leave the car.

Sitting in a meeting all day today I found I was looking out onto a main road into Guildford and was distracted quite badly after reading this thread. But during the course of about 6 hours I only spotted 7 75's and 3 ZT's (others could have driven past though while I was concentrating) they all looked reasonably well looked after though. What I did notice, which I think is a much rarer car is the City Rover I saw 4 of those (acquired taste I know) and of the 75's and ZT's there were no tourers. But amazingly I saw 15 Jaguar X Tyes estates in the same time, but that may have something to do with a main dealer being close to where my meeting was.

How much work did I achieve? who knows, spoke when I had to so it looked like I was listening, but a good car spotting day.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:04   #36
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

not rare in some parts round here, only the other Sunday i was in the Cosford area and counted over 100 !

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:20   #37
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
not rare in some parts round here, only the other Sunday i was in the Cosford area and counted over 100 !
If i'm lucky I might see one every two months or so. But i'm usually unlucky. Cos it's rare it does attract attention though.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:29   #38
magranville
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8t Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegroman View Post
Plenty in Plymouth, and saw a fair few on the way to and from Pembrokeshire this week... with loads there too. Older Rovers gravitate westwards maybe?
I see the same three 75s each day on my way to work. I can tell how late or early I am by where I meet them on the A38.
magranville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:02   #39
Michal
Regular poster

Jaguar S-Type R

I have made a couple of trips to Poland and back in my ZT and I have only seen 1 Rover 75 with premium grille on French plates and no ZTs at all (I'm not counting those few R75s on British plates queuing for ferry or tunnel).
I like it when people give my car a look as if I had been driving a Ferrari or Bentley
Michal is offline   Reply With Quote