Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th February 2009, 19:21   #41
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikTheGeek View Post
Right, update:

1. Replaced air filter
2. Cleaned PCV valve
3. Cleaned and then disabled EGR valve
4. Put redex in the tank

Using the same garage and even the same pump the fuel economy has gone from 28.1mpg to 31.5mpg so not the massive increase I was hoping for.

I still have a potential maf issue, although with no benchmark it is hard to tell if its working or not - acceleration seems fine, there is a slight delay as the auto box kicks down, but if I accelerate slowly there is no delay at all.

Other than that, anything else to try to improve the poor mpg?

tnx

Nick
I heard that some makes of tyres cause poor fuel consumption, what brand do you have?
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 19:06   #42
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Hi Nick,I have only had my 75 since january 2nd.My mpg before fitting synergy2 ,new pb maf and pcv valve ,purchased of ebay same pcv as the freelander for £22.50P .Was in the low thirties and the car was dangerous puling out on busy junctions.THE
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 19:16   #43
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggie9 View Post
Hi Nick,I have only had my 75 since january 2nd.My mpg before fitting synergy2 ,new pb maf and pcv valve ,purchased of ebay same pcv as the freelander for £22.50P .Was in the low thirties and the car was dangerous puling out on busy junctions.THE
sorry hit the reply button.The maf I took out was a copy.The egr was clean so it looked as if the previos owner or garage had cleaned this to try to solve the problem,the pcv was dirty but the engine dint smoke or run rough only pulliing out loss of power.The car now after doing a brim to to brim test is now 46mpg urban driving but no commutor traffic,as I have had to take ealy retirment on health grounds.The car now is now fantastic first time since my old sport car days,that ive got a car to put a smile on my face and be proud of.
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:33   #44
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonned30 View Post
I have one of the bermuda triangle cdt's ( 2003 car registered 2008)It is automatic.
I drove it to Austria where I am currently working last October, It was fully laden and I got 45mpg at 80 ish mph all motorway miles ( about 650 ) .
It has egr replacement, Ron box set at 3,No2 air intake mod, K&N filter.
Since arriving in Austria the temp has been hovering around freezing point, I only travel about 10 miles to work and it never gets up to working temp before I arrive each day.
I have checked the mpg on 5 fill ups and each time I have got 29mpg, bit disapointing after 45mpg motorway driving but that's life I guess.
Those figures are very typical for an Auto and agree with the owners manual.

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:17   #45
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakennstirred View Post
try not running the fbh for so long and see what the mpg is them
my car has never been that low, even now in this cold weather im getting 36-37 mpg and highs of 44 when warmer, thats all on short runs no motorway driving
Does this mean that I can turn the FBH off? I thougnt it was automatic depending on the outside temp...

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:39   #46
NikTheGeek
Gets stuck in

2002 Range Rover P38

Quote:
Originally Posted by apywell View Post
Does this mean that I can turn the FBH off? I thougnt it was automatic depending on the outside temp...
No, I was reffereing to my manual switch in an earlier thread and the fact that I turn it on most mornings. I'm a bit of a wuss if I'm honest and like a nice warm car! The suggestion was that I didn't run it so often...

As for the mileage, maybe mine is now correct. I've yet to take it on a long motorway run.

Nick
NikTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:48   #47
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

wss:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Just put in a new thermostat and my mpg has gone up from a bismal 30mpg to 42mpg mixed driving.

Another thought...... do you have an FBH fitted?
I've noticed that too! I appear to be getting about an extra 100 miles out of a tankfull on a long holiday run and the engine seems a bit sweeter too (that bit might be all in my mind though!) But my temp gauge was running at just over 1/4 'til i changed the thermostat.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:07   #48
steve107
Loves to post

75 cdt tourer diesel

mine diesel cdt tourer gets about 48mpg -55mpg no matter what the weather dont have fbh just put a coat on
steve107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:08   #49
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Also please remember if an Auto on these cold days the gearbox will not go into top gear until up to temperature,
not noticeable on long runs but if doing less than 10 miles to get to work or jsut driving around Town areas, you will use more fuel.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:24   #50
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Also please remember if an Auto on these cold days the gearbox will not go into top gear until up to temperature,
not noticeable on long runs but if doing less than 10 miles to get to work or jsut driving around Town areas, you will use more fuel.

Never thought about that or noticed it to be honest. Good information John thanks

Ian
Allegroboi is offline   Reply With Quote