Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th December 2008, 16:19   #21
GagHalfrunt
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190+ Solar Red Commission No: 396

I've had this happen too many times too. I don't think it helps that our cars are wide.

People always cluster around other cars because it's easier to park next to another car rather than in a space with two empty adjacent spaces. You try it, it really is. Still annoys me though.

People that take up two spaces annoy me more mind. When I used to drive a shed I used to deliberately squeeze my car in next to them as punishment.... Just cos it was empty when you first parked it, it might not be later!
GagHalfrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 16:27   #22
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

whilst all the precautions in the world parking over tow spaces, parking further away etc you still get dent and the such. last year i had around 6 door dents removed on my car, whilst washing and polishing my car monday i notice that i have about 8 over all over the car, does **** me off that i care about my car but no one else does, an appointment with the dent man is in order for the new year to remove them, they are all vertical dents that are made by people opening the car doors on mine. here;s an example, the reflexion should be perfect and not interrupted at all, but as you can clearly see that thats not the case. i have since decided to learn the art of PDR paintless dent removal, i have got myself some tool and will be practicing on other peoples cars before mine

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ner468x60b.gif

Last edited by Simon; 19th December 2008 at 21:45.. Reason: Circumventing Swear Filter
pmessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 16:32   #23
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Just a little reminder,
At airport long stay car parks find 2 nice cars with tight space between. Park there!
At airports the big gap between 2 cars is an invitation to make a shortcut to the bus stop carrying a bag with zips on the side in each hand. They get dragged the full length of the car. My company cars [75s] both ended with scratches from these car parks. It took a long time to learn to do the opposite to supermarket carparks. I now use an old van on my frequent trips abroad and leave the ZT in my drive!

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 16:58   #24
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

This is one thing that really gets my goat.

Sorry for all of you who have children, but I never park next to a car that has a child seat or evidence of children because usually the parents are pre-occupied and bang their doors against the car next them. Never park next to people movers or 4x4's, and reduce the risk by limiting the space next to me, for example an end space or one by a pillar. It drives my partner mad when we drive around a car park several times looking for the RIGHT space not just any space.

I have had someone open their against my car while I was in it, when I pointed this out the person concerned could'nt care less, when I asked if they would pay for the damage (dent man etc) they looked as me as though I was barmy and stated it was an accident, sure it may well have been, but why should I pay to get the car repaired? Actually i did but hopefully it made that person think.

This also happened to a friend of mine in a Rover 25. He was in his car and a woman opened her door against his car while she put her child in the car. He challenged her about this and she turned to him and told him to take a hike (her language was more colourful) and to get a life and made some physical gestures towards him. She also told him it was only a small dent and to get over it.
After she had shut the door and moved to the other side of the he got into his car and rammed his door against her car door leaving a sizable dent and of course she was not amused, but he just smiled and said opps sorry and drove off.

But this whole thing with parking is as the OP said is about the lack of respect for the property of others.

Rant over

Ian
Allegroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 02:00   #25
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Default Hang em High

A right bunch of ****** people who do this
I had to get my rear bumper resprayed and i know
Mac Rouser had a bit of work to do on his cars
when a neighbor took exception to his parking
makes you wonder what go's through thier heads

Last edited by nick nick; 21st December 2008 at 18:00.. Reason: Circumventing Swear Filter
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 08:48   #26
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG P View Post
My poor beautiful ZT has been damaged in ASDA! They have very kindly left a green scratch the full width of the rear bumper.
I didnt notice until I got home, so I got my turtle wax out, its got rid of most of it but I know its there!!!!!! So think I may have to have it resprayed.

I can honestly say hand on heart If I did that to somebody elses car I would either wait or leave my details.
This has really annoyed me, because I love my car and take great pride in looking after it.

Really If these people cannot make their way around a carpark without hiting anything , then perhaps they should'nt be on the road!!!

Rant over.
Sorry to hear what's happened.

But there are lots of people on the road who really shouldn't be there. I know one colleague at work who takes her route into work where she mainly turns left. SWMBO passed her test first time a few yrs ago and she has really poor awareness of other vehicles that I wont let me drive the 75. She approaches a junction and makes her mind up to proceed about 20 yds before she should give way. Fine if the road is very clear but I have to tell her to stop if a car comes from nowhere....... it's very scary.

But it's not just about female drivers.... there are a lot of males out there who are just arrogant.

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 13:31   #27
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I find that the best places to park are those with blue paint and strange yellow marks on them. They are usually much wider than normal spaces, and the drivers are not often the cowboy type .
They are so much more convenient than parking far away from the entrance.

And although my car is Moonstone, i have a little badge that matches the colour of the paint on the floor .

<<<<<<< wish I could do that !
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:44   #28
Andyb123
Loves to post

Rover 75 2L CDT Conn Se HiLine SATNAV

Angry Car park spaces

cars are like magnets they attract other cars. I have found this to be true on so many occasions, I too always park in the furthest corner away from the mainstream car park areas.

I have on many occasion found an empty corner, no other car for hundreads of yards, park up go shop and retrun to finf two cars and oly two cars parked very close either side of me. So tight is the gap that I have to really strugle to get in the car and then reverse out to let wife in.

The cars either side of me had empty spaces either side of them?, why do people do this, both of these drivers could have parked any were in the car park but no they each had to hem me in.

Like I said cars are magnets for other cars.
Andyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 22:13   #29
tourerfogey
Banned

I have not read right through this thread so someone else may already have suggested this, but in answer to the original question posed:-

Why do people not respect other peoples property?

I think this is because material possessions are just too easy to come by these days and very few people appreciate having the things they have themselves yet alone respect other peoples property.
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 07:50   #30
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
I have not read right through this thread so someone else may already have suggested this, but in answer to the original question posed:-

Why do people not respect other peoples property?

I think this is because material possessions are just too easy to come by these days and very few people appreciate having the things they have themselves yet alone respect other peoples property.

Very good point indeed

Ian
Allegroboi is offline   Reply With Quote