Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th December 2008, 09:39   #21
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Yesterday on the news it was stated that a barrel of oil was at a 4-year low. This being the case, I will be looking forward to fuel prices equal to those 4-years ago in the very near future......

Or am I being naive?

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 10:21   #22
broxmeister
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 cdt

Angry

The reason diesel is dearer than petrol is quite simple, the Tory government said diesel should be around 5-10p cheaper than petrol, so everyone went out and bought diesel cars, when this mob of chancers got in they saw an instant way of raising mega bucks and completely turned the diffarential around thus diesel became dearer than petrol, then they embarked on their policy of making the motorist pay for all their half baked ideas.
At least **** Turpin had the common decency to wear a mask.

broxmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 10:37   #23
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by broxmeister View Post
The reason diesel is dearer than petrol is quite simple, the Tory government said diesel should be around 5-10p cheaper than petrol,
I wish What the Tories actually did was make sure petrol would always be 5 - 10p more expensive than Diesel and then in there usual style 'spun' a line to suggest they were being nice lol That'll be the day...............

The same plonkers then followed through by inflicting the fuel price escalator on us drivers

A plague on all their houses I say