Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th September 2008, 09:26   #1
fbs1000
Regular poster

Rover 75 Conni 2.0L Diesel x plate - Location Midlands

Default Diesel Injectors

Morning all hope everyone is well.

Yesterday I had my car serviced ( Rover 75 conni with the BMW engine ) The mechanic told me he thought it was running a little rough and did the following :-

Engine running and pulled off each plug to the diesel injector ( I guess he means the power ? ) the car started to judder when he pulled out 1 , 2 and 4 however when he pulled out 3 it made no difference to the car at all. Does this mean I need a new injector ( common cause ) or could it be one of the following :-

1:- Firing out of sync
2:- no power going to the electric bit on top.

I have manage to locate 2 x diesel injector for the grand old price of £30 delivered, yes you read correctly £30. But would it be wise to attach it to a T4 first to make sure everything is ok with the power side and it's not firing out of sync. Also can you remove the pwer bit whilst the car is running , is this advisable?.

Many thanks again all and I hope each and everyone of you have a great weekend.

Richard
fbs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 21:42   #2
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbs1000 View Post
Morning all hope everyone is well.

Yesterday I had my car serviced ( Rover 75 conni with the BMW engine ) The mechanic told me he thought it was running a little rough and did the following :-

Engine running and pulled off each plug to the diesel injector ( I guess he means the power ? ) the car started to judder when he pulled out 1 , 2 and 4 however when he pulled out 3 it made no difference to the car at all. Does this mean I need a new injector ( common cause ) or could it be one of the following :-

1:- Firing out of sync
2:- no power going to the electric bit on top.

I have manage to locate 2 x diesel injector for the grand old price of £30 delivered, yes you read correctly £30. But would it be wise to attach it to a T4 first to make sure everything is ok with the power side and it's not firing out of sync. Also can you remove the pwer bit whilst the car is running , is this advisable?.

Many thanks again all and I hope each and everyone of you have a great weekend.

Richard
Hi Richard

I had a similar experience with my diesel 75. It had been running rough over many months till I decided to get something done about it. Took it to a local BMW garage. They plugged it into a hand held diagnostic thingy. It seemed to show some problem with the injectors. Anyhow, when he unplugged injector No1 it made no difference to the running (still lumpy) but when he unplugged the others in turn the engine nearly cut out. I left it at that and took a Bosch garage for second opinion. They confirmed that No1 injector had problems. They sent it away to see if it could be repaired, but I ended up with a new one.

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 06:58   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

unplugging whilst running isn't really a good idea, try a leak back test
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote