Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2008, 22:12   #11
aries9456
Regular poster

75 Tourer - Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Im sorry....but I feel the need to purge my guilt, this weekend I not only scrubbed and polished the ZTT, but I also meticulously cleaned the engine bay, behind the alloy wheels, the wheel arches, the tyre well and I Auto Glym'd my leather seats and cleaned the underside of my premium MG car mats....but thats normal....

However, this is not normal....or is it....

I polished/waxed inside my plenum area......am I a madman? or a man madly in love with his car?

U Need Help ! LOL !!!!!
aries9456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 22:45   #12
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

Keep an eye on your polished/ waxed plenum area fella over the next week...If a rash should appear seek medical advice.

Cheers
Tony
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:51   #13
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Some people have too much time on their hands...... <wink>

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 08:27   #14
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Location: Sipping fine port in a drawing room in Sleaford, Lincs.

Blimey! I wouldn't dare.

On Sunday I merely washed and dried my ZT-T, polished/cleaned the glass and applied some tire dressing (I did the same for Mrs Per Ardua's car too).

In return I got 10 minutes of grumpy Mrs Per Ardua for spending 2 hours on the drive instead of with her and Mini Per Ardua.

Is it possible to diagnose a pathological dislike your wife and kids by simply measuring the amount of time you waste polishing otherwise unseen parts of your car?
Per Ardua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:06   #15
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Hmm..................

I spent 3 days washing and waxing my 75........Then Mrs Carlpenn took it out for 25 (YES TWENTY FIVE) Minutes..............It returned covered in a Layer of dust. Mrs Carlpenn didnt think that parking a Car next to a Building site in a Shower of rain would affect the hard work I put into it..............ahem............

I always polish the Plenum area etc........in fact, this is the result of last times wash and wax (before mrs Carlpenn destroyed it)

I actually remove the top cover and carefully clean underneath too, it isnt all about seeing, its about knowing its clean too

I also remove the Bonnet lining and clean under the Bonnet as well, then carefully wash teh Bonnet liner using AG Machine and Engine cleaner etc.