Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2006, 12:14   #1
dom

MG ZT Saloon

Default Door Locks...

Hey,

My rear drivers side door lock NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- up the other day. I called the AA out cause i couldn't shut the door. He re-greased the mechanism and sorted it all out, took about 90 minutes. Now though, the central locking doesn't unlock the door, you have to pull the interior handle to pop the lock. Is this a simple fix (loose connection), or is the whole mechanism NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-...

any help...
Old 15th December 2006, 22:21   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Does the central locking undo all the doors but not the rear drivers side or does the central locking not work at all?

If it's just the rear drivers-side door (or any door for that matter, so long as it's only one or two playing up): - Apply liberal amounts of long-lasting lubrication such as Teflon spray or something. Wrap a rag around the door pin in a sort of donut shape (to catch excess spray) and thoroughly douse the lock in lubricant. Allow to dry and then see what happens.

If it's the whole central locking system:- Pop the bonnet and disconnet the battery for a few moments and then reconnect. This will reset all the cars electrical systems and will usually sort out occasional hiccups such as this.

Let us know how you get on! :lol:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 09:12   #3
dom

MG ZT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
Does the central locking undo all the doors but not the rear drivers side or does the central locking not work at all?

If it's just the rear drivers-side door (or any door for that matter, so long as it's only one or two playing up): - Apply liberal amounts of long-lasting lubrication such as Teflon spray or something. Wrap a rag around the door pin in a sort of donut shape (to catch excess spray) and thoroughly douse the lock in lubricant. Allow to dry and then see what happens.

If it's the whole central locking system:- Pop the bonnet and disconnet the battery for a few moments and then reconnect. This will reset all the cars electrical systems and will usually sort out occasional hiccups such as this.

Let us know how you get on! :lol:
It is only the one door that doesn't work. I will give the spray a go, see what happens. I am not sure if the AA bloke didn't loosen a cable or something, i can still open the door if i reach in and pull the internal handle...
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:14   #4
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

cant help you with the prob bar as you say a loose connector

one thing i will say is stop locking the car by the fob thill you get it sorted if the lock jams in the superlocked stage youll have ot destroy your door card to get it open again !! locking withthe key doesnt enable super locking
Chilljohn is offline   Reply With Quote