Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2006, 15:30   #11
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I wouldn't get too excited about it's capabilities The auto box ECU memorises the signal values of the gearbox sensors and actuators. These stored values, specific to the driver, ensure optimum gearbox performance is achieved at all times. This information is lost if the battery voltage is too low, for example if the battery becomes discharged. The ECU reverts to default readings on first engine start after a battery discharge or disconnection. The EEPROM facility in the ECU allows the stored values to be re-learnt, ensuring optimum gearbox performance what ever that means
That may explain why the auto box behaves differently after SWMBO has driven the car when I get it back !!! And I thought it was all her fault !!

Taking the rebooting a bit further would it be a good idea to reboot (battery off job) every six months just to put everything back to original??

Any advantage/disadvantages ????

I do know the 'if it aint broke dont fix it' idea but I used a computer with Windows ME a few years ago and it needed a complete reload of Windows every 9 to 12 months to restore any sort of performance and get shot of the glitches.
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 22:34   #12
Simon
Banned

-

Luckily your cars ECU systems don't gather anywhere near as much junk in their entire life as Windows can acculitate in a day.

I probably wouldn't worry about it and only use the "reset" option if something odd happens that a reset may fix. :lol:
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote