Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th January 2019, 15:52   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
A little update, ignition on, reverse gear, and the middle right sensor is indeed not clicking as it should, so there are 2 possibilities only, either cable interrupted or grounded because of the water hence the open circuit error in toaf or the sensor itself is dead, am I right?
Probably----YES.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2019, 18:09   #12
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

So, got some time today, stripped down the bumper, and swapped the connector from a good working sensor to the faulty one to get rid of the possibility that there's a problem with the cable only, and found out that the sensor itself is bad. Digged up the internet a little bit and also found out that part number YDB100070 used is Land Rover looks exactly the same as our sensors and has the same pin configuration (and psss, they're also a lot cheaper than the Rover ones for some reason haha). Will get back here with the result after it's delivered to me. Thanks for the help guys!
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 20:11   #13
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Sensor arrived, installed, sprayed some contact spray on all the sensor connections plus on the big connector to clean the whole thing down, and still not working PROPERLY, and by this I mean, it only worked one time, after installing the new sensor and putting the bumper back up, by testing it with a friend of mine putting his hands in front of each sensors, everything worked perfectly, after jumping in the car and going for a ride, again, no senosrs, but this time, no longer the long BEEEEEP present when first switching in reverse, and also, all sensors are clicking like they normally should when listening to them. Funny thing is, made a diagnostic with Toaf, and everytime after I switch something up or even if I don't switch nothing up in the PDC section of Toaf and just save "new" settings for the PDC section in the program, sensors all start working again up until I turn the car off and start it again, to make them work again I have to save new PDC setting again with Toaf and still, the sensors only work until the car is turned off, when turning on again, nothing... Could it be the fact that the contact spray hasn't had a chance to evaporate all from the connectors and it creates a short somehwere? I'm really out of ideas now, errors reading in Toaf shows me nothing now for PDC and still no proper function...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19th January 2019, 12:59   #14
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Mm sounds like the sensors are all working but the car doesn't see them as being fitted?

I don't use TOAF but could you have you altered the ZCS coding for the PDC whilst in there?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 13:12   #15
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Yes, senosrs are working all, all clicking and also tested each wire for continuity, all 100% clear, thing is, if the car is running, I have to unconnect the white connector from the pdc control box and connect it again, and the sensors work only for the specific time when the ignition was on after connecting the connectoe again, after the car is turned off, and on again, then they stop working, and start working again only after reconnecting the white connector again, it's like the car only recognizes the sensors only for the first time that they are connected to the system, and after I turn the car off, game off, they don't ever work again until I don't do the white connector trick again, and as far as I can remember, everything that I've changed with Toaf I changed again to the way it was as I'm very careful with Toaf coding because it can be dangerous... I'm left out of ideas..

Old 19th January 2019, 22:23   #16
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well tried more today and I switched and reswitched to normal every setting for PDC in Toaf and it only works up until I turn the car off, same as it only works after reconnecting the main pdc connector behing the bumper up until turning the car off, afterwards, turning it on again, all dead. And no errors on Toaf, the sounder is also working, things like this are making me mad
Old 21st January 2019, 06:27   #17
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

A little update, I was messing around with my double din android unit with the key in ACC position only, went on the google log in section, it said checking info and the pdc loudspeaker started beeeeping continuously and it never stopped until the ACC was turned off (more than 10 mins lol). This happened another time in the same circumstances about 2 days ago but I have not given it importance since I thought it's just a one time error to say so...

Old 21st January 2019, 19:40   #18
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
A little update, I was messing around with my double din android unit with the key in ACC position only, went on the google log in section, it said checking info and the pdc loudspeaker started beeeeping continuously and it never stopped until the ACC was turned off (more than 10 mins lol). This happened another time in the same circumstances about 2 days ago but I have not given it importance since I thought it's just a one time error to say so...

Boy you have more patience than me. I have had this problem on the current tourer and one of the boys local had it on his Tourer also. Both of our cars are automatic.
After my airforce service and years spent working in the Pitts trackside and my fifty years in building maintenance, I have to confess that I could not hear the sensor click even with my hearing aids in, oh to be young.
On the two occasions this problem raised its head on the two Tourers. I have just removed the four sensors and replaced them with aftermarket ones. Disconnected the parking sensor black box. Then fitted an after market box powered from the reversing lights running the beeper either up to just above my ear in the headlining or down under the steering column.
With the rover I had to drill an access hole in the boot, grommeted up to bring the sensor cables into the car, all the connectors were then given 4 coats of conforming spray then put the box into a poly zip bag with dumdum around the cable entry, then gave the bag a couple of coats of conforming spray.
By pressing the sensors out of their carriers and putting the new sensors into the carriers along with their angle rings this makes them look original. With the hundred or so colours available in aftermarket sensors getting a perfect match has never been a problem.
The cost of the aftermarket pack is under fifteen pounds fitting time is under an hour.
Should say at various car club meets I have fitted sensors to over a hundred cars of every kind over the years. There was one classic car show I was at a few years ago where I must have fitted twenty units in one weekend. There was a taxi driver there who’s car I did. Ended up with about fifty guys wanting it done. I had to explain that my charge of £20 to supply and fit a set was only for car club members, and I did not fit these things as a job, only as a favour.
I have to say that by now I would have done this to your car if it was mine.
Just a thought
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 15:10   #19
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Tried everything now, new sensors and new pdc computer unit, same thing... I can drive the car 20 times, and the only time the sensors work is when I pull out the main connector giving the sensors the power and plug it back in, for the time the car is running after doing this procedure, everything works perfect, aftet turning the car off and starting it again, if not doing the procedure specified above, the sensors are like dead... they still click though so they are working, but no audible warning.
Old 30th June 2019, 06:49   #20
tomcat22
Avid contributor

some MG-Rovers

Same issue here. Will follow this thread
tomcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote