Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th January 2019, 15:33   #9011
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Looked at the brake pad warning light and it’s a broken front sensor. Looked in the garage and I only have a new rear, Slight modification to get the light off until I can get a new sensor. I really dislike wasting days off working on cars....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2019, 22:16   #9012
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Frabbed about with some wiring, and now have a ZT that has a parking heater installed.

I did not use any hugely expensive Webasto wiring Y loom, but a homebrew set up that looks OEM.

As I have a nice manual car, there was vacant slot in the passenger compartment fusebox..........not any more it's now got the relay that operates the FBH using the Webasto three programme timer in the cubby box, or better still the Telestart T80 remote

No piggyback fuses, no Scotchlocs or crimps, and all carried out in factory colour scheme wiring.

Don't know if I'll be using it much though, bearing in mind I wear a tee shirt most days irrespective of weather

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 13:30   #9013
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Frabbed about with some wiring, and now have a ZT that has a parking heater installed.

I did not use any hugely expensive Webasto wiring Y loom, but a homebrew set up that looks OEM.

As I have a nice manual car, there was vacant slot in the passenger compartment fusebox..........not any more it's now got the relay that operates the FBH using the Webasto three programme timer in the cubby box, or better still the Telestart T80 remote

No piggyback fuses, no Scotchlocs or crimps, and all carried out in factory colour scheme wiring.

Don't know if I'll be using it much though, bearing in mind I wear a tee shirt most days irrespective of weather

Brian

About time you got converted to the glorious webasto warmth.
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:39   #9014
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
About time you got converted to the glorious webasto warmth.
Well as an aside to this, Colin 2Diesels turned up at Marina Towers today bearing three faulty FBH boards, a cubby box and a FBH water pump.

So along with the almost complete bar the coolant pump but non working FBH dropped off at my place on Sunday by Gary Nelson, and the original PCB from my FBH with a K-Bus defect, made five faulty PCB's

After a bit of investigation, and utilising the problem K-Bus PCB and a couple of knacked DDE4 as spares, we now have three tested and working FBH PCB's and one that is now installed into Gary's FBH along with a water pump

Don't you just love a successful day, these do make a refreshing change from the tedium of repairing diesel ECM, and four good ones made from five faulty ones isn't too shabby

Brian

Last edited by marinabrian; 22nd January 2019 at 21:42.. Reason: Spelling
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:51   #9015
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Well as an aside to this, Colin 2Diesels turned up at Marina Towers today bearing three faulty FBH boards, a cubby box and a FBH water pump.

So along with the almost complete bar the coolant pump but non working FBH dropped off at my place on Sunday by Gary Nelson, and the original PCB from my FBH with a K-Bus defect, made five faulty PCB's

After a bit of investigation, and utilising the problem K-Bus PCB and a couple of knacked DDE4 as spares, we now have three tested and working FBH PCB's and one that is now installed into Gary's FBH along with a water pump

Don't you just love a successful day, these do make a refreshing change from the tedium of repairing diesel ECM, and four good ones made from five faulty ones isn't too shabby

Brian
That's a result

I still want to fit one into the 1.8 (When time permits!)
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:13   #9016
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

MOT passed today with no advisories after soldering the airbag connectors in the snow last night, emissions passed with a result of 0.29 good results all round.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:19   #9017
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy600 View Post
MOT passed today with no advisories after soldering the airbag connectors in the snow last night, emissions passed with a result of 0.29 good results all round.

Your frozen fingers did a good job then 👍
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:52   #9018
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Pete, give your lass the car with the mongbox, probably cheaper and safer
Well my clutch is finally sorted out to my satisfaction thanks to the loan of Brian's easy bleed The garage back in November diagnosed the master cylinder was leaking against me telling them fluid around the pedal was off me topping it up to search for a leak. They fitted the part and I had a pedal again and my warranty paid the bill so I took the car home. Then next day I took the car for a run and the pedal failed again after 7miles ! I had the car recovered again telling the reception staff it was the slave as I told them originally . They again diagnosed the master cylinder saying it was a faulty part . They said they had road tested the car after changing it again and pronounced it fixed …………………… the pedal was back on the floor in 7 miles ! I took the car home without a clutch and the next day I told them to come and get the car when I was at work in case things got heated on my part !

This time they changed the slave but I was without the car for over a week while they waited for ramp space ( the wife was using our auto Connie by now) Eventually they rang me to collect the car . I paid the excess on the warranty and went to the car to drive home...………..the steering wheel and trim were covered in oily hand marks and the old clutch master diaphragm and filler cap dumped in the door pocket ! I started the car and couldn't get the gears as they hadn't bled the clutch properly ! My mate who works at the garage, who had been on holiday whilst this saga was taking place, calmed me down and stopped me from marching into the workshop, gave me the keys to his car and made me go home whilst he sorted it out. He bled it as best as he could so it was now working, he cleaned the car inside and out and reset the tracking as the steering wheel was left out of alignment and he brought it home for me . By this point I had other worries to deal with as my wife had broken her arm in a nasty fall so the car was just parked up and I used the Connie. Last week Brian called over to do a job on the Connie and got me to compare the clutch on his ZT against mine and agreed it needed bleeding properly and loaned me his kit. The pedal is like the clutch on a Japanese car now and after a bit more tinkering with the steering column bolts to reduce vibration the car is nice to drive once again.

The garage if you're wondering is a main dealer that takes in other makes and not a back lane outfit who probably would have done a better job
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:54   #9019
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Glad you are sorted Pete, hope the wife is on the mend no too!
Old 23rd January 2019, 19:07   #9020
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Thanks Andy , she broke her upper arm falling on cobbles in Durham and after seven weeks is feeling better enough to hopefully start driving in a couple of weeks and will claim the Connie auto for a while saving the clutch on the Tourer
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote