Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2016, 15:23   #11
coolcat
Photographer
 
coolcat's Avatar
 
Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clacton/Acle
Posts: 47,269
Thanks: 7,773
Thanked 10,650 Times in 7,267 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I wonder if this would work??
If your drier is in a shed or garage, how about standing a plastic bucket full of water on top of it
Might work
Ken.
Seeing that a few members have been affected by this and it must have been a frightening experience for them I think we need to take this a little more seriously
__________________
Jeff.


Looking for a cat in your life and live in and around Essex?
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 15:27   #12
FLYER
Banned
 
rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 35,426
Thanks: 3,000
Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,464 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Seeing that a few members have been affected by this and it must have been a frightening experience for them I think we need to take this a little more seriously
And a woman died in her house a few weeks ago so maybe Ken could have a re-think.

I enjoy a laugh but some things need taking more seriously.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 16:07   #13
ceedy
This is my second home
 
ceedy's Avatar
 
All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and erm, 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nr Sherborne But in Somerset..
Posts: 5,097
Thanks: 649
Thanked 874 Times in 584 Posts
Default

Registered our indesit in October 2015 got a letter last week incating an engineer may call "Sometime" .. luckily my wife keeps the fluff in hand !! err under control .. errm !

C
__________________
The Three Bloo's
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 21:12   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home
 
MG ZT-T

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fordingbridge
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 2,579
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,643 Posts
Default

We have a two year old Indesit Tumble Dryer which works well - it is the vented type having previously had a condenser type that was absolutely useless .

ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND IS REGULAR REMOVAL OF THE FLUFF BUILD-UP IN THE FILTER.

With ours you simply pull out a basket thing that sits on the bottom of the open door hatch. Then you can peel off the "blanket" of fluff that has been caught.

From what I understand it is when this fluff filter gets overloaded and the motor overheats and then sets this fluff alight.

I am staggered at how much fluff is collected even after one use.

I sometimes wonder how i possibly have any clothes left.

(Good heads up George - just seen your post of 12:41)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darcydog For This Useful Post:
Old 15th February 2016, 21:36   #15
FLYER
Banned
 
rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 35,426
Thanks: 3,000
Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,464 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
We have a two year old Indesit Tumble Dryer which works well - it is the vented type having previously had a condenser type that was absolutely useless .

ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND IS REGULAR REMOVAL OF THE FLUFF BUILD-UP IN THE FILTER.

With ours you simply pull out a basket thing that sits on the bottom of the open door hatch. Then you can peel off the "blanket" of fluff that has been caught.

From what I understand it is when this fluff filter gets overloaded and the motor overheats and then sets this fluff alight.

I am staggered at how much fluff is collected even after one use.

I sometimes wonder how i possibly have any clothes left.

(Good heads up George - just seen your post of 12:41)
i think this is the problem .

Users think the lint collector just inside the door is the only filter ..

The big one is at the bottom.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 23:55   #16
Typhoon190
This is my second home
 
3 x MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon + Trophy Blue project + Firefrost Project

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 4,191
Thanks: 196
Thanked 384 Times in 320 Posts
Default

I had an engineer out to fix a related problem.

He said it's down to these stupid efficiency ratings. If the machines used a little more water to flush the system, and stop the fluff etc building up, this problem would be less likely to occur.

Obviously better that it saves 7 pence of water a day, than it is safe and reliable.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 00:00   #17
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home
 
Leyland Worldmaster's Avatar
 
Audi A2 1.4TDI

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Avec the Penguins!
Posts: 11,455
Thanks: 3,344
Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,043 Posts
Lightbulb I know it is a car forum...

...however as this thread may well save lives, please may it be made a "sticky"?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 00:11   #18
freck
Posted a thing or two
 
Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Preston
Posts: 1,056
Thanks: 143
Thanked 272 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
I had an engineer out to fix a related problem.

He said it's down to these stupid efficiency ratings. If the machines used a little more water to flush the system, and stop the fluff etc building up, this problem would be less likely to occur.

Obviously better that it saves 7 pence of water a day, than it is safe and reliable.
Tumble dryers don't use water, well mine doesn't! .
__________________
Steve
Teamwork makes the dream work!

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more


This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 07:13   #19
Kennyeth
This is my second home
 
No more Rover

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
Posts: 5,895
Thanks: 1,636
Thanked 1,309 Times in 999 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Seeing that a few members have been affected by this and it must have been a frightening experience for them I think we need to take this a little more seriously
I was being serious Jef.
The idea was , if you think about it.....the fire would melt the bucket and hopefully the spilled water would put out any fire.
I put the icon as it was a daft idea that might just work.
Please don`t assume I am making fun of this kind of thing, I am not at all.
A friend of mine had this happen and I would not take the p-iss out of him.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 07:34   #20
steveo
I really should get out more.......
 
None

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/a
Posts: 2,104
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 546 Times in 383 Posts
Default no offence taken

Morning Ken
No offence taken

I think the issue is water and electricity don't mix although it would be a good idea for some kind of powder/co2 system to be introduced into the system.
regards
steve

Last edited by steveo; 16th February 2016 at 07:42..
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steveo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2019, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd