Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th May 2014, 22:03   #1
mrufff
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Default polyurethane wishbone bushes. any interest?

I'm just testing the water for polyurethane products for our cars. I know that they are available for sale for about 80 pound. I'm also aware about common issues with them like harsh ride and noise. I think that I will be able to offer bushes which will not affect ride quality as polymer used is very good quality and is matched to genuine spec with reliability typical for poly products. Funny noises are also eliminated by using special grease between components. Due to the product design grease will stay inside for long and bush is fully serviceable/greaseable without taking it out of the car so once fitted stays fitted. Few people already have seen them in real life at last nano meeting and few sets was and still is fitted for real life testing. I have positive feedback from users include myself
nice and quiet ride with excellent steering response.
they will be on the market rather sooner than later but haven't decided on how to start selling them. For sure BEFORE first set will be for sale here I'll register myself as trader to comply with rules. I will cater many car brands but R75/zt owners will always have good terms with me.
not sure yet on the price as many formal aspects are still in progress.
I did invest some time and funds into that which allows me to offer you these bushes for more or less 40 pounds per car set including fitting grease, vat and postage but please be patient and don't take this as final offer.
I want to be honest and I must say that I WILL make profit on this but I think price range is still attractive. For subscribed members will sell for less and I can say that profit from Rover parts will be mostly spend on another project.
So please post your opinion ladies and gentlemen and again PRICES TO BE CONFIRMED

more parts soon

Done so far : plenum checked, egr bypass, viton orings, brake pipes, pads, maf disconnected, top strut bearings, all filters and fluids, fan wires swapped, OEM xenons fitted remap done_god bless you BigRuss

To do :rear wheel bearings, sort out knocking rear suspension, i'll find something else for sure
mrufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 22:09   #2
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrufff View Post
I'm just testing the water for polyurethane products for our cars. I know that they are available for sale for about 80 pound. I'm also aware about common issues with them like harsh ride and noise. I think that I will be able to offer bushes which will not affect ride quality as polymer used is very good quality and is matched to genuine spec with reliability typical for poly products. Funny noises are also eliminated by using special grease between components. Due to the product design grease will stay inside for long and bush is fully serviceable/greaseable without taking it out of the car so once fitted stays fitted. Few people already have seen them in real life at last nano meeting and few sets was and still is fitted for real life testing. I have positive feedback from users include myself
nice and quiet ride with excellent steering response.
they will be on the market rather sooner than later but haven't decided on how to start selling them. For sure BEFORE first set will be for sale here I'll register myself as trader to comply with rules. I will cater many car brands but R75/zt owners will always have good terms with me.
not sure yet on the price as many formal aspects are still in progress.
I did invest some time and funds into that which allows me to offer you these bushes for more or less 40 pounds per car set including fitting grease, vat and postage but please be patient and don't take this as final offer.
I want to be honest and I must say that I WILL make profit on this but I think price range is still attractive. For subscribed members will sell for less and I can say that profit from Rover parts will be mostly spend on another project.
So please post your opinion ladies and gentlemen and again PRICES TO BE CONFIRMED

more parts soon
It sounds like a good compromise between rubber and hard polyurethane. Very interesting indeed.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 22:36   #3
mrufff
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Well they're made of polyurethane as well as other but not that hard.

Done so far : plenum checked, egr bypass, viton orings, brake pipes, pads, maf disconnected, top strut bearings, all filters and fluids, fan wires swapped, OEM xenons fitted remap done_god bless you BigRuss

To do :rear wheel bearings, sort out knocking rear suspension, i'll find something else for sure
Old 13th May 2014, 22:39   #4
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Well they're made of polyurethane as well as other but not that hard.
I was contemplating the proflex bushes. Yours sound better so far! Please keep us updated!
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 22:41   #5
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

What will actually be in the set? Ie which bushes? (how many) Sounds good though.

Last edited by Mark2000cc; 13th May 2014 at 22:46..
Mark2000cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 23:02   #6
mrufff
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

It will be car set plus tube of grease.

actual picture of product could be found on nanomeet website as we fitted one set to member's car

well I did abused word we as I didn't get underneath the car

I would also send polite message to moderators-it not an offer of commercial nature just yet and I will get trade account once things will go.

also please note that I will not accept any private offers via Pm until above will be done.
sorry but I want to be respected and I'm respecting others and rules.

Last edited by mrufff; 13th May 2014 at 23:45..
Old 14th May 2014, 00:22   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
It will be car set plus tube of grease.

actual picture of product could be found on nanomeet website as we fitted one set to member's car

well I did abused word we as I didn't get underneath the car
I was present when Piotr was so kind to donate the PR wishbone bushes which I have called them on my PC it seemed that they were meant to be fitted one that day as fate had it, because a member Rocket Ron asked me to check his lower engine mount as he was getting a clonking sound on driving and on take up from pulling away, when I took a look I saw right away that the wishbone bushes had been torn and ripped from the inner insert in all respects I would have said not to drive the car like that.

It then so happened that Piotr came over to me as I had some headrests for him to collect, and we got talking and I mentioned about Rons wishbone bushes he then produced these beauties below

This is what was facing us when we checked Ron's wishbone bushes.

I then spoke to Brian & Ron (the Max & Paddy ) of the nano's at 12.00pm Brain had recently fitted his own power flex wishbone bushes to his wife car, after a quick talk we all decided that as fate had stepped in front of us in the guise of the PR bushes being on hand that we would have a go at fitting them, this was achieved with the great work carried out by the above men and Piotr.

The bush insert

Being greased with special silicone grease

Fitted to Ron's car whom as reported back as his car now drives just like it came out of the show room steering feels great and firm no vibrations or clunking etc and is going to report back again later this week, in fact he should be at mine later maybe Friday and I will take a look at them again.

I also have a set which I will be fitting to my car even though I have only 6 months ago changed the wishbone bushes on both sides of my Tourer I want these on my car so I can feel the ride they reported to give.

Please take note of the groves in the yellow insert part of the bush, with those in place and running the way that they do you can insert service the bush each year by injecting some grease should the bush need it, ingenious also cleverly and originally devised and well suited to its purpose.

as you can see from these pics I have not so long ago changed my wishbone bushes, but I am going to replace them with Piotr bushes

Piotr I will be in touch soon and we can arrange a date to get the bushes fitted appreciated Arctic

PS over to you

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 19th May 2014 at 21:45..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 00:39   #8
mrufff
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Ok thanks Steve.
great post as usual and I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Old 14th May 2014, 06:14   #9
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Thanks for the pics Steve, the bushes look great! If the bushes continue to perform well, you can put my name down for a set Piotr. Good work lads!
Old 14th May 2014, 08:58   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000cc View Post
Thanks for the pics Steve, the bushes look great! If the bushes continue to perform well, you can put my name down for a set Piotr. Good work lads!
Hi Mark.
I am sure they will perform well and all the hard work time and money spent is down to one person only and that is Piotr.

This project is his little baby alone and hopefully it will be very successful for him Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote