Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th June 2019, 20:55   #1
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default It’s goodbye from me and Oscar!

It is with considerable sadness that I have traded in my R75 as part of an exchange deal for a nearly new Hyundai Tucson.
I will miss the considerable help and tips from various members on this forum, over the 4 years that I owned my Gold R75 (hence ‘Oscar’).
Closer to home the NI members have been fantastic - with just too many to name but you know who you are!
I will not renew my subscription - due in August, but will continue to follow the forum - for a while at least.
However, I will NOT miss the non-car related comments, aimed at my personal views, from certain members, they also know who there are!
Goodbye and good luck to all remaining R75 owners - they are great cars.
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 21:26   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Sorry to see you go but don't be a stranger. You never know you might be back at some point.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 04:31   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
It is with considerable sadness that I have traded in my R75 as part of an exchange deal for a nearly new Hyundai Tucson.
I will miss the considerable help and tips from various members on this forum, over the 4 years that I owned my Gold R75 (hence ‘Oscar’).
Closer to home the NI members have been fantastic - with just too many to name but you know who you are!
I will not renew my subscription - due in August, but will continue to follow the forum - for a while at least.
However, I will NOT miss the non-car related comments, aimed at my personal views, from certain members, they also know who there are!
Goodbye and good luck to all remaining R75 owners - they are great cars.
If you are as happy with your new Hyundai as we have been with ours over the past five years then you won’t have any complaints.

We bought ours at three years old with two years manufactures warranty left. It’s a 60 plate and apart from having to replace a coil pack it as been utterly reliable. Quality of manufacture is very good.

Interestingly - as my ZTT becomes less of a workhorse and more of a hobby - we have been looking at the Tucson and the Santa Fe.

Look forward to reading your impressions of the Tucson.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 12:04   #4
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
If you are as happy with your new Hyundai as we have been with ours over the past five years then you won’t have any complaints.

We bought ours at three years old with two years manufactures warranty left. It’s a 60 plate and apart from having to replace a coil pack it as been utterly reliable. Quality of manufacture is very good.

Interestingly - as my ZTT becomes less of a workhorse and more of a hobby - we have been looking at the Tucson and the Santa Fe.

Look forward to reading your impressions of the Tucson.

First came across Hyundai, with the 2009 scrappage Scheme, when we traded in my wife’s 1997 Ford KA, for a Hyundai i10.
Great trade in deal and a really nice car.
Since then we have had i20s, i30, IX35 and most recently an auto Sat Nav i40.
However, missed the height that a SUV type car has, so this week changed to a Tucson (auto sat nav).
The local Hyundai dealer is close by and have always sorted out any issues in a fair and friendly way.
They took in my R75 with a very good trade in value, as part of the overall exchange deal.
So while I have had the Tucson for only a few days, I am really enjoying it.
Happy to update after a few months driving.
Stevie25 is offline   Reply With Quote