Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th June 2019, 07:53   #371
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool On this day one year ago............................

.............................................. I pulled up my roots and moved from the home I was born in. From Barkingside to Saltash. Yep! Been here 1 year now. And tomorrow one year ago I moved into my rented two bedroomed house. 5 days short of the 1 year I have now moved out and into my own home. And I love it.

The letting agents at the old house are sorry to see me go but when I showed them the photo's of the new house they were very happy for me. They said that I had got very good bargain.
Still plenty to do here in the new house, but some will have to wait. The last 6 months have finally caught up with me and I'm having to take things easy. Spent yesterday sorting out the model car collection. Took me all day in just one room. Going to be selling half the collection.

Still have my Rolls-Royce and Bentley models to sort out. Hopefully will be able to get them all in the two display cases left.
There is a few railway engines that Belonged to my late Uncle that will be looking for a new home. (2 working and 2 static, although I think one of them could be made to run again).
My WW2 fighter aircraft collection is being donated to a museum in Kent. (Delivering these when I'm up in London next).
My late brothers Fokker Tri-plane kit is currently up For Sale, on here, and will be on ebay soon.

All of Banana s trophies, and her rosettes, are out and on display in a glass cabinet once owned by Father in Law. He bought it secondhand in 1937.
The old chiming clock bought by Val's Aunt is working. Aunt Beryl bought it secondhand from a pawnbrokers in 1948 and it cost £4. 8s. I still have the original receipt. It takes a couple of months to settle down and keep good time.
There are paintings and framed photographs, some I'll keep and the rest I will sell, less to dust then.
Have got my Moorcroft and Caithness collection on display once again. Along with my Poppy flower display.
Even got The Flying Banana in a display case now and on the bookshelf. (Plastic banana with wings all made by me). Might bring that with me when I attend the Clandon show next month.

So all in all we are getting there. Everything takes time. Will start my mini tours again at some point. London next month.

So No Going Back Now.......................................

Many thanks for the kind comments and pm's. Means a lot to me to have so many lovely friends.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 08:11   #372
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Thumbs up

Well pleased for you. Nice to see some happiness these days

Best wishes for the future.

Martyn
squire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 16:28   #373
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well, you cannot take it with you.........................

................................................ As I'm supposed to taking it easy, ease up on the hard work and slow down to the Cornish pace, I decided to pop round to the old house and swap the Bear over with RedFive. Plus check to see if there was any post, I have applied for the redirect mail. I then brought the bird feeder unit down and put that into a black bag, pulled my metal poppies out of the ground and loaded the lot into the Bear. Then took the rubbish out and put that in the bin. Stripped the last of the stuff out of the kitchen, put everything into the now empty swing bin.

Just left the barest of cleaning stuff behind, will get this done over the next week and then get the carpet cleaning people in to sort the carpets out.
Drove back to the house and unloaded everything. Washed the bird feeders and left them on the decking, in the sun, to dry. Cleaned the metal poppies up and put them in the ground. Emptied the bin of all the other stuff.
Finally got round to getting the Rolls-Royce and Bentley models put into the showcase.

Measured up the area where I want to put a 2 seater settee in. And off to Solomon's furniture store up near Dobwalls, on the outskirts of Liskeard.
Had a wander round in the store, the staff just said hello and let me keep wandering. Saw quite a few nice leather units I rather liked. The sales lady showed me a very nice leather 2 seater, with buttons and studs, matches my 2 chairs. Marked up at £2795 but reduced to £1795 in the sale.

The manager came over and asked if I was paying cash, yes I said. OK he replied, I think we can better that sale price, off he went to check on his computer. Back he came and said as I was paying cash how did £1295 and free delivery look to me.
Where do I pay then? Was my answer.
Being delivered on the 21st, the date suits me.

Home to cook dinner and chill out.

Not bad for a easy day. And filled the bird feeders up.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 12th June 2019 at 16:30.. Reason: Missing words
Old 13th June 2019, 17:16   #374
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool They are lining up.......................

......................................... To rent my old place. Had the letting agents phoning me up all day arranging viewing appointments.
Still got the shed to clear along with my potted plants. Still need to get the carpets cleaned but before that I need to give the place a scrub. Hope to get most of it done at the weekend..
Got a few plants home but in the heavy rain. Bird bath collected and cleaned.

Visitors tomorrow, Matt n Shirley coming for a visit, we'll Matt wants my pond. Good luck with that as it's full of water. Then Allen n Val coming round, and then we are all out to lunch.
Found my way to the new Range superstore over in the dark side, Derriford. Bought a couple of Led strips. Got a glass display that needs a bit of light, I was going to sell the display but Allen talked me out of it.

Been waiting all day for BT to throw the switch so that I have a landline and Broadband, currently struggling with BT hotspot, but that keeps fading. Funny how you miss the web. I need to see my emails.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 14th June 2019, 17:10   #375
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Someone's nicked my pond..................................

.................................................. .. And replaced with some racking.

I'm not a pond person and had decided to get rid anyway. And Matt wanted it, so he brought me some plastic racking in exchange. So with Allen's help we Emptied the water out. And with a heave the plastic pond was out of the ground. Shirley, Val and Debbie were chatting away in the lounge.
Next was Matt having a listen to Banana's strange noise coming from the fan area when the engine was running. But with a stern word from Matt the noise disappeared. But she is still going back on Tuesday to sort the water leak out.

Once the jobs were finished we all trooped off to lunch. Al had brought Ratty round so I jumped in with him and Val. Matt followed, with Debbie catching us up, she had her 2 dogs with her.
We went to Louis tea rooms at Kitts Hill for lunch. I had a Indian Railway hot curry, and believe me it was hot, judging by the sweat that I was generating. We had a good chat and a laugh.

Then back home. Val went with Debbie as they wanted to go to Waitrose, Matt and Shirley wanted to go to B&B's. That left Al and me, we just went home.
After Al dropped me off it was time for a cuppa.
Going around to the old house tomorrow and start clearing out the shed plus the plants. Will nick the Banana and RedFive's boot trays to cover the Bear's carpet.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 15th June 2019, 17:33   #376
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The Bear done good..............................

.................................................. ......... In the last 2 weeks I have used the Bear solely for transporting boxes of stuff from the old house to the new house. With the occasional trip to the tip. Today we made 4 trips just emptying the shed. Quite a lot of the contents of the shed is spares for Banana including a front subframe. I got the subframe out but could not move to the car. I would ask Allen for help later in the day.

A further two trips saw the Bear carrying all my potted plants plus the mower and strimmer. There are 2 pieces of furniture still at the old house. A corner unit which I will now keep. Plus there is a MFI Bookcase. Been a good bit of furniture, had it for about 35 years but it has come to the end of it's life. So I dismantled it, and that was another trip to the tip.
Back to the old house and down came the curtains. All mine except those in the back bedroom. Then off to the petrol station to fill the Bear up ready for her mega trip on Monday.

So back to the new house and put the net curtains in the washing machine. I phoned Allen and he said he would meet me at the old house to move the subframe but not till about 4pm. So whilst I waited I got the mower out and cut the grass, trimmed the edges with the strimmer. Cleared up and made a cuppa. Pleased with myself with what I have achieved today, but getting very tired. Still only the subframe to shift.
Allen phoned and we arranged to meet around the old joust. I got there first and reversed the Bear up. Allen pulled in as well.

The subframe is a heavy old lump but with Allen taking the heavy end we soon had it in the back of the Bear. We decided to leave the corner unit until next week. Then we convoyed back to the new home. The subframe was soon sitting in the garage. And with that I thanked Allen for his help. After Allen left I then set about vacuuming the Bear out and refitting the seats and load cover. Then I swapped Bear over with Banana. Ole Yella is off out tomorrow to the breakfast meet with the Cornish MG Club.

Once to cars were parked up I decided I deserved a shower, then a cider. Not necessarily in that order. Then get dinner ready. Once all was scoffed and the washing up done time to chill. Another apple juice? Oh! Go on then.

So in the last 2 weeks the Bear covered 116 miles and it took £44 to fill her up.

Thanks for reading

onen hag oll
Old 15th June 2019, 21:25   #377
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Bob dont worry too much about hoovering as the carpet cleaner wil vaccium prior to wet cleaning.
Old 20th June 2019, 20:14   #378
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Looks like the old house has been let.................

.................................... as there is a agents board outside saying “Let Agreed”. I’ll best get the carpet cleaners in then.

Went to the doctors this morning to let them know about change of address, then into the Street to post off a parcel of old audio cassettes to a forum member. Then round to the old house to get the meter readings. Gas was easy, electric I couldn’t see properly and as for the water. I got down on the floor ok and lifted the flap and removed the frost cover. As for the meter I could not see the dial.

So gave up and went home to the new house to do the readings there. Electric is a doddle. Gas meter is hidden in a cupboard. Then it rained and rained. So gave up looking at the water meter. But I know man who help me out, Allen. So I decided to phone him later and ask his help. I’ll have a go at anything but some things defeat me, only then will I ask for help. Makes me feel embarrassed to ask.

Done 2 lots of washing. Put it out on the line, then it rained again. Brought the washing in and the sun came out. So put the washing on the clothes horse and put that out on the decking, and the wind blew it over. Brought the horse inside and tied him up to the bar.
Next on the jobs list was to rearrange the model collection. Brought HMS Victory upstairs and put that back into the corner unit. Then change a few display cases around.
Moved the ZT collection downstairs.

Next job was to start sorting out the boxes in the other bedroom. But came to a halt as some of these boxes would need to go into storage in the garage. So to the garage to sort that out. Cannot believe the amount of spares I have for Banana, plus some spares for the Bear. Sorted out a few bits that belong to Redfive. Sorted out the rubbish to go to the tip. So that will be done on Saturday. Getting tired now, so I cleared up and shut the garage up. And indoors to get dinner ready.

Food eaten and washed up. With everything put away I phoned Allen and asked for his help. Be round in 30 was his answer. And he was.
Water meter checked at new address then we jumped in Jazzy around to the old house. Allen managed to read the electric meter ok. And the water meter was a long way down and covered in dirt. No wonder I couldn’t see the dial.
So they were all read and Allen dropped me home. I thanked Allen for all is help.

Onto the internet and gave my meter readings for the gas and electric. £236 in credit with British Gas. Need to phone the water people tomorrow.
Already sorted the council tax plus all the other people you need to contact when you move.
Now chillin’ with a cider.
Furniture being delivered tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:03   #379
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Hard graft pays off................................

.............................................. but it is worth it. In the sun yesterday I set about painting the decking and the hand rails. When I was at the old house there was a shed that needed a coat of Ronseal, so I bout 3x5litre tubs. Never used them till now. Swept the decking down and started on the hand rails, no idea when it was done last but the wood was bleached white. But the dark Oak decking paint was going on well.

Got the paint tray out and put the decking applicator together, has a sheepskin covering. And away I went, after numerous stops for drinks, it was hot in the sun I got three quarters done. That was the first tub emptied. Called it a day as my back and knees were starting to play me up.
Washed the sheepskin brush, paint brush and the tray and left them outside to dry off in the evening sun.
Dinner was calling but a shower first.

So this morning after my tea and toast I set about finishing off. It was a lot cooler so the paint went on better. Took about an hour and about half a tub to complete. Needs a second coat but is looking good.
I washed the brushes and tray and put them outside to dry. Must be coffee time, then it started to rain.
But think I'm ok, doubt very much if the rain will wash the stuff off.

Last Friday I popped into the letting agents and gave them the gas, electric and water meter readings.The old house has been let so now I can get the carpet cleaners in. They are booked for tomorrow at 10am. £75 all in.
Home and waited on my furniture delivery. Phone British Gas and arranged with them to get my boiler serviced, not been looked at since 2016. An engineer is coming out on Tuesday afternoon. Suits me fine as Banana is going back to the paint shop on Tuesday morning.

The furniture delivery turned up and the chaps brought my New leather sofa in. The driver saw my MG signs and he told me that he had had 2 MGB's in the past. One was his daily and the other one was his show car. Sadly he had to sell both as he was getting married. One day he will get another.

The sofa is really comfortable, I have now put on my Poppy throws to keep the sun off. I might change it around with the other leather chair.
Was hoping to give the cars a wash today but looks like the rain has set in. Still plenty to do in the house. But coffee first.

A few photo's.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2294.jpg (141.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2295.jpg (144.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2297.jpg (142.1 KB, 21 views)

onen hag oll
Old 26th June 2019, 18:35   #380
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Quids in....................

........................................... and the credits keep rolling in. £98 from the car insurance for change of address, a further £163 from British Gas and £16 from BT. The BT was for the two days I had no phone line. Plus I received a cheque from a forum member for payment on the postage of stuff I sent thro’ the post so I paid that in as well.

However I did pay out £20 to the window cleaner. Only going to see them every other month. I can do the insides myself.
And I used my washing line for the first time as we have warm sunshine today, so that’s the washing up to date.
Plus I picked my first strawberries from my plants that came with me from Essex, they did not produce any berries last year.

Now celebrating with a bottle of Echo Falls Chardonnay after my chicken curry I cooked myself.

So any thought of Going Back is totally out of the question. Many thanks for reading.

onen hag oll