Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd August 2018, 10:04   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Been away for a week come back on the forum and now gutted

I’ve been away from the forum during the week as I’ve been online and the Internet is absolutely useless where I am, I log back in to find it appears that Brian has left for some reason or another, obviously his own reasons, what a shame this is for the club itself, I now wonder how many 75’s & ZT’s in the club will fall by the way side, I also think that forum membership will decline, I know my comments may not please everyone, but I’m only bringing this up as it’s quite sad time when the club loses such a oracle of knowledge.

I have nothing to gain by writing this as I have my own T4 testbook I also have my own workshop and a vast supply of spares, and my own knowledge base, but lots of members don’t have these facilities, or knowledge, and certainly most members don’t have deep pockets, Brian was often on the forum offering free advice, technical information and his wealth of knowledge free of charge.

I’m afraid this is a sad day that as a club he is not a member anymore, maybe he will reconsider, One thing is for sure everybody is going to be checking the ECU’s from now on doubletime to make sure they don’t get drowned, unless they want to fit a complete ECU set and get VIN mismatch all over the place on T4.
It will certainly be interesting to compare subscribed membership figures from now and in 12 months time.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:36   #2
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
I’ve been away from the forum during the week as I’ve been online and the Internet is absolutely useless where I am, I log back in to find it appears that Brian has left for some reason or another, obviously his own reasons, what a shame this is for the club itself, I now wonder how many 75’s & ZT’s in the club will fall by the way side, I also think that forum membership will decline, I know my comments may not please everyone, but I’m only bringing this up as it’s quite sad time when the club loses such a oracle of knowledge.

I have nothing to gain by writing this as I have my own T4 testbook I also have my own workshop and a vast supply of spares, and my own knowledge base, but lots of members don’t have these facilities, or knowledge, and certainly most members don’t have deep pockets, Brian was often on the forum offering free advice, technical information and his wealth of knowledge free of charge.

I’m afraid this is a sad day that as a club he is not a member anymore, maybe he will reconsider, One thing is for sure everybody is going to be checking the ECU’s from now on doubletime to make sure they don’t get drowned, unless they want to fit a complete ECU set and get VIN mismatch all over the place on T4.
It will certainly be interesting to compare subscribed membership figures from now and in 12 months time.
Mick
Time will tell, but I'm sure you are right in what you are saying.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:26   #3
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

It is sad that events on the forum led to somone like brian with his wealth of knowledge and his advise and help to many to leave.
Unfortunately it seems some members have their own agendas or views on issues and hold their views dear with no room for anyone elses and will argue to the end.
Sad the animosity ends up with all members losing another great resource.
All of us have had differences of opinions with each other but i cant understand
why people who all share a common love, our cars, getting stuck into each other on a personal level.
Who wins out of that- no one !!!
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:39   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

which thread or post says Brian is leaving? I read a thread of his saying he was busy working

macafee2
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:41   #5
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
which thread or post says Brian is leaving? I read a thread of his saying he was busy working

macafee2
It awas closed so has fell of the page. But yes he has gone.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:46   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Mickey, are you saying you ask Brian’s advice?

Be careful now, your not allowed to do that as you will be classed as incompetent 🤣🤣
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:11   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
It awas closed so has fell of the page. But yes he has gone.
I've now seen the thread, not a nice thread to read and he is is a great loss to the club, to owners and the marque.

macafee2
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:14   #8
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default Mmmmm,

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Be careful now, your not allowed to do that as you will be classed as incompetent 🤣🤣
P,M,S,L

I like that...

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:22   #9
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

I've already stated my thoughts on the "Politics" involved in Brians' Leaving.

I about to tackle Quite a bit of Engine Refurb Work on my Car - this Club/Forum has Given me a lot of Advice, Info, Tech details etc.... and Inspiration to feel I CAN tackle such jobs myself

NOT to detract from any other Members - I have had Good Advice from many others

However - it HAS to be said - Brian has been like a "Senior Technical Advisor" on Most of my Queries r.e my Car especially my Engine

I recently thought - Should I be paying Brian a Subscription ?

I wish Brian all the best - I still Hope he returns

there is still a wealth of technical advice/info here that Brian has posted.

Lots of others here have Given me Advice, Help, Inspiration etc.. too

It's A Good Club/Forum to be part of

I'll Stick Around

Paul.
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:23   #10
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Pmsl yes I’m actually admitting I can’t know it all, and to Brian’s knowledge mate. I’m going to drop you a PM tho mate
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Closed Thread