Steve
Old 25th February 2018, 19:53   #42
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I never have problems, but I tend to stick to the car stuff.
That is definitely the best idea. After all it is supposed to be a Rover car forum. Started initially to give help to members with car related troubles.

Unfortunately so called 'social sections' have proved over time to be very unsocial.---

There are some who simply HAVE to harass others. It's in their nature and they just can't help themselves. Bit like smoking.--. Unable to stop.

Some of these folk who have very little of use to say have driven away MANY good members from this club. lots have left who just can't take any more. Shame really as it lowers the standard of the club and even makes casual viewers not want to join.

Even Leyland Worldmaster the OP of the chill-out zone was driven away.

Last edited by COLVERT; 25th February 2018 at 19:57..
Old 25th February 2018, 20:27   #43
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
That is definitely the best idea. After all it is supposed to be a Rover car forum. Started initially to give help to members with car related troubles.

Unfortunately so called 'social sections' have proved over time to be very unsocial.---

There are some who simply HAVE to harass others. It's in their nature and they just can't help themselves. Bit like smoking.--. Unable to stop.

Some of these folk who have very little of use to say have driven away MANY good members from this club. lots have left who just can't take any more. Shame really as it lowers the standard of the club and even makes casual viewers not want to join.

Even Leyland Worldmaster the OP of the chill-out zone was driven away.
Two sides to every story and you’re only giving one side. Talk to the others on the other side and it’s a different story
Old 25th February 2018, 21:32   #44
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Leyland worldmaster wasn’t so much driven away as he stopped posting in disgust at the amount of people on here who would run straight to the mods and report people for having a laugh, some members used to read the Chill Out Zone just to tell the mods if something was a bit close to the bone. I know a few of us who used to post regularly but just can’t be bothered dealing with grown men who can’t allow a group of friends in their own little corner of the club to have a laugh between ourselves without getting the mods (who mostly do an ok job) involved.

It was clear to us that SOME people on here would not be happy until George (Flyer) was banned, well they got their wish and look what’s happened to the place since that happened, I’m not saying he was the most important member of the club but if we could see it was a blatant hunt for him to slip up so he could be banned then there’s no real point staying just to be policed like that, it isn’t school, it’s a car club for adults to chat about the cars in most areas or about whatever they want to in the social section.

Rant over! 👍🏻
Old 25th February 2018, 21:38   #45
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Well said Tony

Thankfully we are all still very much all in touch with each other through other channels, sadly no longer on here though
Old 25th February 2018, 21:41   #46
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Well said Tony

Thankfully we are all still very much all in touch with each other through other channels, sadly no longer on here though
It’s a shame Jeff as I truly loved this club at one time
Old 27th February 2018, 18:38   #47
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

This is a strange thread. A stranger coming in to this would be likely to give this club a wide berth, surely not what people want. I wouldn’t have known about it without the revival and maybe would feel better if I hadn’t bumped into it.

What strikes me is the repeated attacks made on unidentified members. All that does is to increase an undesirable atmosphere where doubt is fostered and thoughts of ‘do they mean me?’ prevail. In short, the moaners are guilty of the same heresy they claim to dislike. If you have an issue with somebody that's what PM's are for. What I am sure about is misery loves company. Why feed it?
Old 27th February 2018, 21:52   #48
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
This is a strange thread. A stranger coming in to this would be likely to give this club a wide berth, surely not what people want. I wouldn’t have known about it without the revival and maybe would feel better if I hadn’t bumped into it.

What strikes me is the repeated attacks made on unidentified members. All that does is to increase an undesirable atmosphere where doubt is fostered and thoughts of ‘do they mean me?’ prevail. In short, the moaners are guilty of the same heresy they claim to dislike. If you have an issue with somebody that's what PM's are for. What I am sure about is misery loves company. Why feed it?
It’s an old post that Colvert resurrected from 24 August 2016. I wonder what his motives are. Perhaps he can say. The harassment issues were dealt with last year. It can do no good for the club to bring it up again. It’s old news Since then, it has been put to bed and not shown it’s ugly head until now. The chill out lounge is a happy place to visit. The club and this forum is not the place to settle old scores.
Old 28th February 2018, 04:34   #49
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It’s an old post that Colvert resurrected from 24 August 2016. I wonder what his motives are. Perhaps he can say. The harassment issues were dealt with last year. It can do no good for the club to bring it up again. It’s old news Since then, it has been put to bed and not shown it’s ugly head until now. The chill out lounge is a happy place to visit. The club and this forum is not the place to settle old scores.
Perhaps there should be another ban !
Old 28th February 2018, 07:08   #50
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Does seem very strange to drag up an old thread asking Stu what his thoughts are knowing full well that he no longer posts on here

Last edited by coolcat; 28th February 2018 at 08:20..
Closed Thread