Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th July 2021, 20:48   #1
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Default Falling back in love

Well, after slowly falling out of love with my car over the last year or so, and putting off doing various things to it, since having it the alternator fixed I'm falling back in love with it. Driving my wifes '18 plate ZS for a week made me think I wanted a new car, and I started looking at VW CC's or the new MG HS. But I decided that what I'd spend a month on a new car, I might as well spend on the ZT and get it how I want.

Compared to her ZS, my ZT is heavy on the clutch and steering, and a firm gear change, but you get used to that. The ride is very smooth compared to her ZS, and I do much prefer the low down seating position, closer to the road just feels faster. And while the 1.5l engine in the ZS is fine, my 2.0l diesel is so much better.

So first on the list was a new head unit, I've wanted a touch screen for years, but never had the money, the volume knob on my DAB unit is knackered, and I found an android unit for a mere £55. That's now fitted and all working, looks good, does pretty much what I want, and included a reversing camera. I've always been worried about changing things and whether I'd be able to, but I managed to solder all the connections, and fit the camera inside the little plinth on the boot so it's hardly noticeable. Just need to learn how to use the android unit now, I'm used to my iPhone, not too sure what I'm doing. Last thing I want to do for it is to fit the USB ports on the button panel, but I want to get a spare to do it to, rather than risk ruining mine. Pics (hopefully) attached below.

Once I'd managed that I thought I'd have a bash at changing the drivers side window. It's been sat in the garage for a couple of years and I've been avoiding doing it, but now it's all done it wasn't that bad. The worst part was refitting the door cards which is something I've never seemed to get the hang of.

Next things on the list are to get the drivers seat bolster repaired, a new windscreen, rear window trim painted or replaced, and some chips and scratches made a little more presentable.

bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 20:57   #2
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I did something very similar with mine

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 21:48   #3
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I did something very similar with mine
[/IMG]
Thats the sort of thing I was wanting to do, but I want to put them on their side. I've got a 3D printer so was going to try and draw something up and print it out.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote