Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2020, 09:36   #11
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I'm looking to replace my wife's car imminently, as it is rapidly becoming a maintenance liability, and I feel she deserves something a little nicer to drive as her daily.

My own ZT will be replaced shortly afterwards with something a little more practical as a workhorse, in all likelihood a VW Caddy van.

Brian

If the Caddy is as reliable as my stepson's one Bri, you will be kept well busy maintaining it.

Looked tidy when he bought it from the dealer with less than 100k on the clock, but so far it has needed a starter motor, alternator, all 4 injectors and various suspension bits.

His old Tranny was more reliable.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 10:29   #12
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

All the above is very encouraging ! I think we need to get a few more off the road yet as sale prices are still very low
Old 21st February 2020, 10:48   #13
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Sadly I think the Rover brand has little importance to most of today's car buyers, any that do mention Rover misguidedly add the phrase Head Gasket Failure in the same sentence. The 'Rover' brand has little value to Jaguar other than its link and protection of the Land Rover brand; Jaguar would rather market compact Jaguar saloons like the XE than resurrect the Rover brand. It has sadly joined the likes of Wolseley, Riley, Austin and many others. As a MG fan from the age of 5/6 who could tell the difference between an MGC and an MGB it saddens me where the brand is now but at least it is still alive and I dream of them producing sports car again. Sadly I think that will remain a dream
As much as I would like to see a new MG roadster I don’t think the owners have ambitions to produce one. Car makers are set on volume and EV’s and nothing else. Only existing cars like the MX5 have any future and even they must be at risk of discontinuing. Bold as it may seem, I started a thread a few years ago proclaiming that we have already see the golden age of motoring.
Old 21st February 2020, 11:05   #14
Jdwoodhou
Loves to post

R75 1.8 Con SE Man Saloon

In London, the majority of brand new medium size cars are SUV's. Saloon cars are a dying breed, which is why Jaguar are phasing them out.
Old 21st February 2020, 11:23   #15
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

I have to agree they are getting thin on the ground nowadays. The one's i see, i usually get a wave from the driver. A sure sign that whats left are now owned by enthusiasts. Rover 45/25 are also getting rare. Ebay used to yield many, but not anymore..
Old 21st February 2020, 13:01   #16
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
All the above is very encouraging ! I think we need to get a few more off the road yet as sale prices are still very low
Yes most Rover 75 cars are £550 to £750 drive and throw away, soon these cheapos will be gone and just the good uns will be left but just how many of those will there be?

I still run my 18 year Rover 75 tourer, she a high mile car now at 321000 miles, however the engine shows no sign of wear!! i will place a higher budget for wear and tear now going forward, the thing is its so damn reliable!! genuinely
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 13:06   #17
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
I have to agree they are getting thin on the ground nowadays. The one's i see, i usually get a wave from the driver. A sure sign that whats left are now owned by enthusiasts. Rover 45/25 are also getting rare. Ebay used to yield many, but not anymore..
Rover 25s have fell off the cliff i see none now, we have a 2000 W reg Rover 45 in silver around 50 yards up the road( Neighbour), but hes it!! My sons Rover 45 last of the new shapes, is the only one i see now.... the launch rover 45 was a pretty car and when you see one they look great there must just 4000 of them left only built in 2004/2005 years not many got out...MGTF gone never see those now.. it was the sole Rover 75 cars i used to see but now these are several days before i see one now, i used to see these until December 2019 each day around 2 cars now its several weeks in 2020

Last edited by Olde faithful; 21st February 2020 at 13:09..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 13:21   #18
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
Yes most Rover 75 cars are £550 to £750 drive and throw away, soon these cheapos will be gone and just the good uns will be left but just how many of those will there be?

I still run my 18 year Rover 75 tourer, she a high mile car now at 321000 miles, however the engine shows no sign of wear!! i will place a higher budget for wear and tear now going forward, the thing is its so damn reliable!! genuinely
Wow. That's an impressive mileage. I see it's a diesel. Is that the BMW diesel?
Well done for taking such good care of her.
Incidentally, what is a reasonable life for a V6 if well maintained anyone?
I think well maintained V8's are good for 250000, but few get that far with UK petrol prices
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 14:07   #19
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Wow. That's an impressive mileage. I see it's a diesel. Is that the BMW diesel?

Well done for taking such good care of her.

Incidentally, what is a reasonable life for a V6 if well maintained anyone?

I think well maintained V8's are good for 250000, but few get that far with UK petrol prices

There are a few V6 cars that have done 150-180k afraid they are the exception though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21st February 2020, 14:26   #20
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

For me sometimes it’s the stories behind the cars that are just as important as the cars themselves and the friendships we have made, the memories will always be with us no matter what.
Mick[/QUOTE]

Well said Mick,my sentiments entirely,long lasting Friendships over the many years of ownership that have been & are still being formed & memories that will last a lifetime,is surely testiment & credit to the marque which initially brought us all together, whether it be Rover or MG.

Credit must also be paid for these Friendships & with it the dedication toward the upkeep that many have put into these cars over the years through being associated with the many clubs like The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club,incidentally this one I been a member of since the clubs inception,which have been formed thus enabling many likewise enthusiasts to hopefully keep these fine vehicles running obviously not as daily drivers,but to hopefully attend club events & the many rallies & shows that will hopefully prevail for many,many years to come.

Regards.....John.

Last edited by Bluejon; 22nd February 2020 at 00:07..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote