Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th April 2019, 18:38   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default OEM 2004 spec. Harmon Kardon on my SE Contemporary

I've gone mad and just fitted a BMW Alpine 16:9 bordmonitor (with CD back) and there's a flat pin BM54 Professional tuner/amp winging it's way to me.
I just want plug/play to get started so I require the pin changer adaptor loom. Reading some of the tech stuff on the web it seems there can be issues obtaining the correct one for the job - can anyone point me in the right direction with a (UK) supplier and description/spec. for what I need.
At the moment the x6 CD multichanger operates as normal, the CD back in the widescreen doesn't make a sound (so I guess that until I disconnect it, the the changer will always override the CD back).
I might want to add a hands-free (bluetooth?) later, is this facility in-built in the BM54 (there's a phone button logo on the boardmonitor) so can it operate through the existing HK speaker system?
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 21:10   #2
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Only the BM54 can process the digital output of the Bordmonitor. It won’t give audio without it.
You need one of these:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222325784304

You will also need to remove and modify the radio tuner bracket as the BM54 is slightly bigger and doesn’t fit the BM24 aperture
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 22:29   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Only the BM54 can process the digital output of the Bordmonitor. It won’t give audio without it.
You need one of these:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222325784304

You will also need to remove and modify the radio tuner bracket as the BM54 is slightly bigger and doesn’t fit the BM24 aperture
Thanks, and yes I'd read elsewhere that the bracket might have to be modified. The adaptor product description reads BM24 to BM54, is this the same as Rover (I didn't note the original tuner details) to BM54 because the illustration doesn't show the two smaller plugs which are on the original set up - are these redundant?
Old 30th April 2019, 09:50   #4
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

I only upgraded my OEM system to BM24, but I believe that if you have the 16:9 BMW unit then you also need the 16:9 TV tuner module for it as well. I think the standard Rover unit will only give you 4:3 regardless of the 16:9 fitted.

A BM54 Back (with round pins) is a direct swap but don't think this gives full functionality that the flat pin one does for Bluetooth etc, so you need the adapter plugs.

The inbuilt CD player may not work as the original system had a tape player and the CD auto-changer.

If you haven't already, might as well chuck in the Mk4 DVD drive for Sat Nav - this is much better than the Mk3 CD.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2019, 12:34   #5
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
I only upgraded my OEM system to BM24, but I believe that if you have the 16:9 BMW unit then you also need the 16:9 TV tuner module for it as well. I think the standard Rover unit will only give you 4:3 regardless of the 16:9 fitted.

A BM54 Back (with round pins) is a direct swap but don't think this gives full functionality that the flat pin one does for Bluetooth etc, so you need the adapter plugs.

The inbuilt CD player may not work as the original system had a tape player and the CD auto-changer.

If you haven't already, might as well chuck in the Mk4 DVD drive for Sat Nav - this is much better than the Mk3 CD.
Thanks. I'll obtain a Mk4 DVD reader when I have a bit more spare dosh, I know that is straight plug and play.
What I need to know is where I can obtain the correct tuner/amp. converter lead(s). I have a flat pin BM54 Professional Becker in transit and I'm dumping the standard HiLine Rover tuner (which got a bath in the wheel well and is a bit dodgy anyway).
The HiLine loom end is 17 round 'sockets' (14 of which are assigned) in the big black holder with two smaller 10 pin sockets (I think these might be for the speakers) - 6 wires to the grey holder and 5 wires to the black holder) so I require a pin changer (adaptor) lead with (at the BM54 end) a big black holder with flat sockets and two smaller sockets (for the speakers?) and at the loom end a big black (14) round pins holder with two smaller 10 pin plugs (for the speakers?).
I've read somewhere that there is also a short aerial lead required, any ideas?