Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd February 2019, 15:05   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Lost the love of photography

Ive done very little photography for so long that I was considering selling my kit. I took some photos for the insurance on the cooper S a few weeks back but to be honest camera phones are sufficient these days and literally not used the car for a year. I was asked on Thursday to take some photos of a 1964 MGB roadster that is up for sale at work so I charged the camera’s battery. I believe it was exported to California and brought back to the UK around 10 years ago where it was rebuilt around a new heritage shell. The car has, I think, covered around 1,000 miles since it’s rebuild and is stunning. Once edited I will upload one or two photos. Have I got the photography urge back? Not quite but let’s see how that pans out.....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:02   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Ive done very little photography for so long that I was considering selling my kit. I took some photos for the insurance on the cooper S a few weeks back but to be honest camera phones are sufficient these days and literally not used the car for a year. I was asked on Thursday to take some photos of a 1964 MGB roadster that is up for sale at work so I charged the camera’s battery. I believe it was exported to California and brought back to the UK around 10 years ago where it was rebuilt around a new heritage shell. The car has, I think, covered around 1,000 miles since it’s rebuild and is stunning. Once edited I will upload one or two photos. Have I got the photography urge back? Not quite but let’s see how that pans out.....
I hope you get your photography mojo back Mark.
I for one look forward to seeing your images
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:09   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Totally agree that phones take cracking photo’s but once a photographer then you’ll always be interested. Every hobby or profession falls into that “lost interest phase” but it will always return to bigger and better things.

I’ve been taking photo’s for over 60 years, lost interest once or twice, but the keenness always returns.
I’ve just bought another Nikon D5000.

Looking forward to your photo’s.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:58   #4
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I hope you do Mark.

Camera phones are generally pretty good. Even someone like me can take and edit a decent photo. The difference though when someone like yourself uses proper equipment is like night and day.

Keep it up
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:10   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanks for the comments guys, I’m been looking at a new camera body but that’s not the answer at the moment. I feel the MG shots could of been so much better but it was 10 minutes on the carpark outside of work, it was far too damp to arrange taking it elsewhere which would of made a huge difference.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:10   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

IMG_8500 by Mark, on Flickr

IMG_8476 by Mark, on Flickr

IMG_8469 by Mark, on Flickr

Old 3rd February 2019, 18:13   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Looking good from where I'm sitting.
As you say, a different location would have been great but you have done good with what you had to work with

I think the only thing I would do is clone that pylon out in a couple of the shots
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:03   #8
sworks
Been absent for a while…

I agree about the pylon, I missed it just above the roof.

Old 4th February 2019, 10:31   #9
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

As already said, great shots, and the pylon is easily rectified.

For some reason, I always struggle when taking photos of the back view of cars - I would be more than satisfied with those shots .

Cliff

Edit: Just looked at the rest of the photos on Flickr - very impressive to say the least! I particularly love the shot of the keys in the ignition .

No. 4 of 6

Last edited by Teflon; 4th February 2019 at 10:35..
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2019, 21:42   #10
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

When I fall out with it, I load up some film and shoot a roll of Ilford on just my OM10 with a 50mm attached.
I find that digital removes some of the construction of an image so I place limitations and challenge myself to do something different. I’d shoot a batch on landscape shots using the 70-200mm for example.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote