Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2020, 20:50   #1
CMOORESY
Avid contributor

MG ZT Auto and 75 Tourer

Default What Headunit Connection?

Hello All,
I am looking to make my 75 a but more comfortable. Been diving a ZT Diesel Auto for the last 9 years with the high-line Harmon Kardon set-up. Cant say I was impressed as the Pioneer head unit in my wife's 75 always sounded better. That added to the constant jamming of the auto changer (eventually leading to it being removed for good) didn't really make for much of a relaxing place towards the end (well last 6 years) of my ZT ownership.The only thing I miss is the Parrot hands fee.
Now I have the 75, I want to make it a bit more comfortable and get hands free calls back. I am looking at the Pioneer FH-5820 dab double din.

What I want to know is will my October 2004 75 have the BMW head unit connection or did this change to something else at some time?

I just want the installation to be trouble free, so want to by all the correct leads etc including one to get the steering control back.

Anyone done this on a facelift using a pioneer double din?
CMOORESY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 21:13   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I think your car will more than likely have the ISO connector, so a straight swap.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:11   #3
Gren 24
Loves to post

2004 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE CDTI

I have fitted a Pioneer DEH-4900DAB to my facelift 75 tourer . I did have to use ISO connector. The one I use is CTSRV006.2 which gives me full Steering Wheel control. So I should think that would be the one for the Pioneer you are thinking of getting.
Old 22nd January 2020, 17:32   #4
CMOORESY
Avid contributor

MG ZT Auto and 75 Tourer

Thanks for the pointers,
I have ordered it today but prior to this called their tech help line for advice and they told me whet I needed so the whole kit is on its way to arrive Friday,
Double Din facia
Pioneer head unit
Pioneer to Rover 75 Patch/adapter for steering control
DAB Arial

So hopefully it should go in without much hassle.
Old 22nd January 2020, 17:42   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Had mine a few years now, love it
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2020, 17:08   #6
CMOORESY
Avid contributor

MG ZT Auto and 75 Tourer

Managed to fit it, and looking good.
Ran out of time on Sunday and is was raining so just fitted the Pioneer double din FH-S820DAB.
Not as 'plug and play as I thought.
Firstly the replacement fascia is far to small to fit the unit with a cage (16mm in height and 12mm in length to short) and if it did, then the unit/cage would not follow the curvature of the fascia and look like a dogs dinner.
So the bezel was removed to allow the head unit to be fitted from behind. Securing the head unit to the fascia was achieved with two pieces of Meccanno attached to the pre-drilled holes on the side lip of the fascia, then attcing then to pre drilled holes in the unit. This worked a treat, very robust.
Problem was, the dash frame needed substrantial cutting to allow it to go back far enough. I ended cutting a stip off about 30mm deep because the connections were also fowling the dash frame.
still it wouldn't tilt into the aperture, so the climate control unit was removed to allow it to be angled down more when fitting and look in to see what was going on.
All clear, but the two screw lugs on the fascia had to be removed so the facia would fit in, washers could then be fitted to the screws to hold it.
Problem was, its only held at the top, and the weight of the unit was pivoting the fascia out at the bottom, so I had to fabricate a support which bolted to the original single din stereo securing hole. covered this in foam tape to prevent rattles.

So, all good. Next weekend will be, routing the DAB Arial and the microphone, and getting the correct connection, I explained I had DIN's but they sent me a DIN to Harmony patch cable (ref CTSRV003.2) need to get this changed for a DIN to DIN Pioneer patch (ref CTSRV002.2).

Should all be up and running next weekend.
Old 28th January 2020, 21:37   #7
CMOORESY
Avid contributor

MG ZT Auto and 75 Tourer

Can anyone identify the patch lead or connection I need here to gain steering control again.

The one I was sent was a CTSRV002.2 for a Harmony low line with the large round pin connector on. This is clearly wrong as my car is fitted with the two ISO plugs and the little black one in the picture

I really dont know what I need here. Total novice when it comes to technology connections.

I have installed a Pioneer FH-S820DAB.

T

Last edited by CMOORESY; 3rd February 2020 at 18:33..
Old 6th February 2020, 20:09   #8
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

The steering wheel controls are actually in that little mini-iso block just below/behind the plugs you are holding (the blue/green/yellow plug)
I am fairly sure you need a Connects2 CTSRV006.2 Steering Control Adaptor or a Autoleads PC99-X39 - Rover 25, 45, 75. MG ZT Stalk Steering Control Adaptor - also check I think you need the correct adaptor (Pioneer) for either one, but please double check before ordering.
The steering wheel connections are two blue wires - one with purple tracer, one orange
Ps3000 is offline   Reply With Quote