Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2020, 20:49   #71
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Same here bought some months ago, and still trying to resolve an issue with them ?

Am I right in saying your new arms have the Longer ( non prefered slots) ??
Mine didn't have slots in and I've not seen a picture of them like that.---Have you got the correct arms ???---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 21:48   #72
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Sorry I was really meaning the rear rubber bushes 😳

BbbbB][/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Mine didn't have slots in and I've not seen a picture of them like that.---Have you got the correct arms ???---
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 01:37   #73
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My new arms only have a slot on the left hand one and my headlamp adjuster is on the right hand side. Its a Left Hand drive so I dont know if that makes a difference.
As for a pit, I don't have one or a hoist either for that matter. I am going to have to let my back recover from wrestling the gearbox back into the MGF singlehanded last weekend before I take on any more heavy work!
Old 10th January 2020, 14:58   #74
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
My new arms only have a slot on the left hand one and my headlamp adjuster is on the right hand side. Its a Left Hand drive so I dont know if that makes a difference.
As for a pit, I don't have one or a hoist either for that matter. I am going to have to let my back recover from wrestling the gearbox back into the MGF singlehanded last weekend before I take on any more heavy work!

if it's of any comfort - i'll also be taking on the task of replacing my Arms/Bushes soon without the convenience of a Pit/Lift - I'll be at the end of the street in the lovely Sunshine

1 Nut and 3 Bolts per side How hard can it be ..... ....

r.e the Slots in the Bushes - I haven't confirmed, but i think the Bushes I have currently fitted (the ones i'm replacing) are different to each other... 1 with the Longer Slots and 1 with the (Correct) Shorter Slotted Sections not sure how that could be....

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2020, 17:52   #75
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

How'do folks

A wee update.

I opted to have Duncan (CossieDunc) fit my New Arms/Bushes again

I had a look at doing them myself ......lol.... I made up for it by replacing the Catalytic Converter today in the Rain myself

a couple of observations r.e the Parts removed (DMGRS parts mentioned at the start of this thread and fitted less than 3 years ago)

O/S Bush and Arm(Ball Joint) are Goosed - while the N/S Bush appears fine and has plenty life left, also the N/S Balljoints were fine (although the BallJoint did get stuck in the Subframe upon removal)

O/S Dust Covers/Boots are extremely perished - while the Nearside seem to have fared better.

the O/S Bush is the less desirable type with the Bigger Gaps in the Rubber - while the N/S is more like the Original with the smaller gaps

also - the Arms are NOT a "Pair". rather they appear to be 2 Arms from different Manufacturers and of differing Quality.....

if nothing else it gives us a Good comparison between how well differing quality parts will last (i'll post some pics when I can)

It's my responsibility - as I can't remember properly checking the parts i received (it was still early days for me)

make of that what you will

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2020, 18:53   #76
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
How'do folks

I had a wee browse to see if i could determine where these Moog Parts are manufactured.

the Moog website suggests their Suspension and Steering Components are Manufactured in Barcelona. (they definitely came via France to get here - quick delivery too)

"At MOOG, we’re always looking for improvement, both to our parts and to our service. With our recent innovations we’ve really gone the extra mile in making our products even better and, to expand our manufacturing footprint, we’ve opened our own MOOG production plant, in Barcelona. This will provide better control over our production to deliver an even better service. We thought that we’d celebrate this by giving our differentiated Steering & Suspension products distinctive, new packaging. From now on, you’ll be able to recognize them instantly in their bright new packaging."

Sounds Good - then again, I don't expect them to state - We are always looking to reduce production costs while increasing profit

if i had just received the Arms without the Bushes i'd have less concern r.e quality....... only one way to find out if they are any Good or not i suppose

I'll be the first to say - "you get what you pay for" - that said i've had some really Good bargains in the past (brand New Cylinder Head with Valves for £250 for instance... i think it was actually a wee bit less) I don't look to source the "cheapest" parts - EuroCarParts have these Moog Arms with RRP stated as £212 a side......really?.....

time will tell

r.e the Meyle Bushes - "we take pride in our MEYLE parts, which are "ENGINEERED AND QUALITY APPROVED IN GERMANY".

"Production is carried out at our own plants in Turkey as well as at the facilities of selected partners in an international network."

so NOT made in Germany then.

Paul.
Seems as though the German manufacturers are having a lot of parts made in Turkey. The SKF Trackrod ends were made there that I have bought to fit to the silver one. Hope they are better than the work carried out in Turkey by my brothers company. They deal in axles for lorries. Ended up being brought back to England because they could not weld properly.
Old 5th April 2021, 07:03   #77
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default Back to the inner balljoint problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
I have always managed to shift this using a large bearing puller ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by veasmkii View Post
Anyone got an example of the type of bearing puller ... that i could use to remove the inner bush/corner elbow of the control arm?
Yes, I have just the thing. It's not large so can be used under the car on axle stands. It's also adjustable, good quality and not expensive at all.

Sykes Pickavant 0830 0000

Once set-up, which is fiddly due to the essential articulated arm adjustment, this puller had my balljoint taper released in one minute without the risk of damage through hammering or the use of fork balljoint splitters.

I hope that this is useful to folks in future.

Simon
Old 5th April 2021, 09:24   #78
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

I recently bought some Quinton Hazell control arms, never used them before but at £38.49 each while sale was on, now £60.47 i thought worth having a spare set just in case as my MOT was due but Tourer sailed through MOT no advisories.

I have added extra grease to both arms and stored them away.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234131154...QAAOSwFAJhEk67

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334116099...4AAOSw6LphGwq4

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 21st October 2021 at 09:34..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 16:37   #79
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Yes, I have just the thing. It's not large so can be used under the car on axle stands. It's also adjustable, good quality and not expensive at all.

Sykes Pickavant 0830 0000

Once set-up, which is fiddly due to the essential articulated arm adjustment, this puller had my balljoint taper released in one minute without the risk of damage through hammering or the use of fork balljoint splitters.

I hope that this is useful to folks in future.

Simon
Simon,

How much was your Sykes-Pickavant puller above please?

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 20:46   #80
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I recently bought some Quinton Hazell control arms, never used them before but at £38.49 each while sale was on, now £60.47 i thought worth having a spare set just in case as my MOT was due but Tourer sailed through MOT no advisories.

I have added extra grease to bot arms and stored them away.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wishbone-...gAAOSwczxf8Zvj

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wishbone-...MAAOSwZUNf6GIO
Neither of those links works.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote