Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th September 2019, 13:59   #1001
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Back home too... at last ...
We had a great run back through Netherlands, Belgium and France .
then hit the Uk to find torrential rain most of the way home , M20 M25 so slow ... a further monsoon on the M3 and accident on the A303 ..

And get home to find the PC dead whilst in the kids care and having to spend an hour mending it, so I can get on the forum

But had a brilliant time meeting every one, putting faces to names, and basically just enjoying the countries and company of great People .

Super thanks to Ian and Jan for getting this through the end.

Sure we will a lot of pictures to put up on here ,over the next few days .

Chris & Liz

PS , even the 260 behaved impeccably, getting close to 28 MPG on the First UK stretch to folkstone , and a I 've done a load of rechecking and still get the same figure on the run back to calais, 34mpg ?

Seems too good to be true but even with top up clicking errors at the various pumps still over 30 ?.

But maybe possible with a lot of slipstreaming in convoy at 60-70 for hundreds of miles , we did 305.5 km to Folkstone garage and the Top up was 25.1 litres.

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 24th September 2019 at 14:49..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 14:31   #1002
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetty View Post
Glad to hear you have arrived home safely, take it easy and put your feet up.

Cheers mate your offer of help was very much appreciated, we are glad you are both safe and sound talk to you soon.

Rev

Last edited by Rev Jules; 24th September 2019 at 20:06..
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 14:35   #1003
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Brian doing the worlds most dangerous T4 session... a T4 plugged into a V8 during the tunnel queue....

Old 24th September 2019, 14:41   #1004
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Back home too... at last ...
We had a great run back through Netherlands, Belgium and France .
then hit the Uk to find torrential rain most of the way home , M20 M25 so slow ... a further monsoon on the M3 and accident on the A303 ..

And get home to find the PC dead whilst in the kids care and having to spend an hour it, so I can get on the forum

But had a brilliant time meeting every one, putting faces to names, and basically just enjoying the countries and company of great People .

Super thanks to Ian and Jan for getting this through the end.

Sure we will a lot of pictures to put up on here ,over the next few days .

Chris & Liz

PS , even the 260 behaved impeccably, getting close to 28 MPG on the First UK stretch to folkstone , and a I 've done a load of rechecking and still get the same figure on the run back to calais, 34mpg ?

Seems too good to be true but even with top up clicking errors at the various pumps still over 30 ?.

But maybe possible with a lot of slipstreaming in convoy at 60-70 for hundreds of miles , we did 305.5 km to Folkstone garage and the Top up was 25.1 litres.

Can only assume it was downhill from Boxtel to Calais
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 14:47   #1005
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Brian made the 260 a Duchy for the trip, so the Digital was in KM's.

And was just putting it back to Blighty settings, was a bit concerned though whilst in the middle of a Shuttle Queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Brian doing the worlds most dangerous T4 session... a T4 plugged into a V8 during the tunnel queue....

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 15:03   #1006
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Must have been those painted nails givng him a all new confidence
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 15:19   #1007
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Well boys and girls we have arrived home safe and sound from our weekend ...

(Jake/Gary hope you get the Dark Fantasy ZT recovered and repaired quickly)
What a fabulous weekend with all you lovely lot who time after time proved to be the best friends in the world plus we had gloriously sunny weather of 25+ every day..
So a MASSIVE THANK YOU for the endless laughter, for lifting our spirits when Jan and myself were just a bit disheartened with things, for giving us the honour of leading the convoy into the show on Sunday and especially for your generosity and kindness after Jan discovered the loss of her purse. [/B]

Thank you to Trikey who came up with this madcap idea to start with

Also special thanks to all our continental friends who made the effort to join us at Boxtel (35 ZTs and 75s in total)
Thank you to Eric for helping with insurance forms and arranging the lunch stop.

Thanks to the lovely Netherlanders who waved, smiled and shouted
"De Britten komen " as we drove through the Dutch countryside with the UK and Dutch flags flying.

A special mention for the the young man in the Belgium registered Fiesta who drove alongside the convoy twice with camera in hand filming us on the way to the shuttle yesterday, I did worry about his safety a couple of times..

I'll also be sending emails of thanks to Olaf at the Classic Park and the Hotel De Ruwenberg..

I've said for months that this would be the last event that I would have a hand in arranging but as some of you know I have already been chatting to our Dutch friends about another visit to their wonderfully friendly country next year, so you never know.
Thanks again everyone..
Official photos from Classic Park here https://www.oypo.nl/nl/8c479dbc370c1c71
I'll sort some of my own in a day or two
Hugs from Jan and myself..

Last edited by Ian G; 24th September 2019 at 15:40..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 15:34   #1008
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Well boys and girls we have arrived home safe and sound...
(Jake/Gary hope you get the Dark Fantasy ZT recovered and repaired quickly)
What a fabulous weekend with all you lovely lot who time after time proved to be the best friends in the world. So a MASSIVE THANK YOU for the endless laughter, for lifting our spirits when Jan and myself were just a bit disheartened with things, for giving us the honour of leading the convoy into the show on Sunday and especially for your generosity and kindness after Jan discovered the loss of her purse.[/B]
Thank you to Trikey for the madcap idea to start with and to you guys and girls who turned up and made the event happen.
Also special thanks to all our continental friends who made the effort to join us at Boxtel, to Eric for helping with insurance forms and arranging the lunch stop, and to the lovely Netherlanders who waved smiled and shouted
"De Britten komen " as we drove through the Dutch countryside with the UK and Dutch flags flying.
A special mention for the the young man in a Belgium registered Fiesta who drove alongside the convoy twice with camera in hand filming us on the way to the shuttle yesterday, I did worry about his safety a couple of times..
I'll also be sending emails of thanks to Olaf at the Classic Park and the Hotel De Ruwenberg..
I've said for months that this would be the last event that I would have a hand in arranging but as some of you know I have already been chatting to our Dutch friends about another visit to their wonderfully friendly country next year, so you never know.
Thanks again everyone..
Official photos from Classic Park here https://www.oypo.nl/nl/8c479dbc370c1c71
I'll sort some of my own in a day or two
Hugs from Jan and myself..
Well got home safely and the car did a great service run so sweet just short of 900 happy miles. Well more can you say everything has been said about Ian & Jan was the best ever weekend I am up for the next one and you lot no comments about me and Jenny. Thanks again Ian and Jan it could not have gone better I to you both.
Bri,
Old 24th September 2019, 17:02   #1009
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

A really big thank you to Trikey and Ian for coming up with the idea and most importantly carrying it through, It was the best meet I have ever been to (we should do it again ) we went for the cars but it was much more than that, meeting people I have only spoken to on the forum and people I have never met from our sister forum in Holland, I have just realised who supervinnie is now after chatting to him for some time at the show (and probably boring him to death )

The man from Del Monte says Yes!
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 17:07   #1010
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post

The man from Del Monte says Yes!
Yeaaaaah
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote