Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th September 2019, 19:04   #901
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Wishing all the guys a safe journey, good weather, and a great event.

You lucky people
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 20:16   #902
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
PLEASE READ THIS IN FULL
If you have your name down for the meal at the hotel De Ruwenberg on Friday evening.
Apologies about this but please do NOT shoot the messenger
I have this afternoon received the email below from the hotel .
It is the menu for Friday evening.. I suspect that for some of us the choice will not be suitable..
So I've delayed giving the hotel final numbers for dining until Thursday morning..
If you wish to have your names removed from the dining list please PM me by MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY LATEST

If I do not receive a PM I will leave your name on the list..

No Comments about the menu on the forum please I don't want this post to vanish among the comments..
Thanks Ian

Sent: 17 September 2019 13:31
To: 'Ian Goldson'
Subject: RE: Group visit in September

Dear Ian,

This is the menu for Friday:

3-course € 32.50

Appetizer € 8.50
Carpaccio “De Ruwenberg” with truffle mayonnaise, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan flakes, herb lettuce and arugula
Or
Soup of double drawn Oxtail with bouquet of fine vegetables, green
Season a savory madaleine and stewed oxtail meat
Or
Various preparations of celeriac candied, cream, crispy, sweet and sour, accompanied by an orange oil, herb lettuce, crumb of hazelnut and slow-cooked salmon

Main dishes € 20.00
Veal, jam with red onion compote, sweet potato cream, sweet potato crispy, truffle sauce and salad pea
Or
Cod fried on the skin with a white wine sauce, crispy leeks and cream of sweet potato
Or
Burger of 100% pure beef served on a brioche bun with red onion confit, tomato, truffle mayonnaise and smoked cheese served with fries and coleslaw

Desserts € 8.50
mandarin bavarois, chocolate mousse, crumb of speculaas, compote orange, merengue and tuille
Or
Home made black and white brownie with marinated red fruit, crispy of white chocolate, mascarpone cream and merengues

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,
De Ruwe nberg
Hotel | Meetings | Events
OK I'm breaking my own request about making comments on the above and I'm not trying to influence anyone's eating plans BUT Jan and myself have been looking at the above menu and giving it some serious thought.
To say we're mad about this is an understatement
If you compare it to the menu that they (the hotel) sent me on the 12th (listed below) it would seem that they have reduced the menu to leave the cheapest of items but not reduced the price.
eg.. Take out the steak and leave the burger.
Take out the cheese platter and replace it with a brownie..
On the original menu given the choices the 3 courses price seemed OK ish
But now OUCH !!
But obviously at this late stage there is little or nothing I can do to change things other than just stick to the breakfast.
Thanks Ian

Menu sent on the 12th
Brasserie Menu € 32.50

Appetizer € 8.50
Carpaccio “De Ruwenberg” with truffle mayonnaise, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan flakes, herb lettuce and arugula
Or
thom kha kai soup, marinated prawns, oriental vegetables, roasted coconut and a hearty madaleine of yellow curry
Or
Tuna tartare with sushi rice, wasabi mayonnaise, sweet and sour vegetables and wakame and curry prawn crackers
Or
Goat cheese salad, roasted goat cheese, sweet and sour vegetables, quinoa, caramelised nuts, herb lettuce, crispy papadum

Main dishes € 20.00

Grilled beef steak from the Josper grill with sauce of black garlic, compote of onion, cream of sweet potato crispy of onion
Or
On the skin-fried fish of the day with tomato sauce, puffed cherry tomato, fried sage and herb lettuce
Or
Pork fillet with slowly cooked pork belly, sweet and sour vegetables, oriental sauce and crispy wonton
Or
Burger of 100% pure beef served on a brioche bun with red onion confit, tomato, truffle mayonnaise and smoked cheese served with fries and coleslaw
Or
Ravioli ricotta spinach with spicy tomato sauce, fried spinach, parmesan cheese, olive crumb and arugula

Desserts € 8.50
Multi-fruit cremeux with marinated strawberries, tarragon syrup, edible earth, lime sorbet, curds and lime merengues
Or
De Ruwenberg cheese platter with 4 different cheeses, nonsense bread, walnuts, grapes and fig chutney
Or
Amarican cheesecake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate mousse, bastogne crumb and crispy white chocolate

Last edited by Ian G; 18th September 2019 at 08:30..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 21:08   #903
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Hi Ian, myself and Deanna will give breakfast and dinner at the hotel a miss, will look for somewhere local to grab a bite

Anyone know if there's a nice cafe for breakfast locally there?
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 21:10   #904
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Hi Ian, myself and Deanna will give breakfast and dinner at the hotel a miss, will look for somewhere local to grab a bite

Anyone know if there's a nice cafe for breakfast locally there?
I have been browsing trip advisor Rick, plenty of places to eat not too far from the hotel.
Old 17th September 2019, 21:29   #905
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Had a chat with Liz and We agree mate, like Trikey will stay with the Breakfast and give the meal a Miss .. there are a few Eateries not too far away..

I'm sure this won't be a problem for peeps mad enough to make this trip

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 21:49   #906
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Had a chat with Liz and We agree mate, like Trikey will stay with the Breakfast and give the meal a Miss .. there are a few Eateries not too far away..

C
Thanks mate.
This brown stuff with the hotel food has really got me somewhat peeved add the horse fly bite that I got on my arm and I could go "POP" at anytime..
Still looking forward to seeing every one though and having a good larf with the mad hatters..
Old 18th September 2019, 07:45   #907
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post

C
I will just stick with the breakfast,
Old 18th September 2019, 08:24   #908
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

The 3 main course choices are not to our liking. Both my wife and I will be sticking to breakfast only if these are the only choices. I understand its not easy Ian, especially with faddy eaters.
Rob and jeanette
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 08:49   #909
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
The 3 main course choices are not to our liking. Both my wife and I will be sticking to breakfast only if these are the only choices. I understand its not easy Ian, especially with faddy eaters.
Rob and jeanette
No problem Rob
I fully understand and Jan and myself have reverted to breakfast only
I think that being a corporate type of hotel that deals mostly through the week with business user's, conferences and some of the larger football clubs they are used to everything being on one large bill at the end of the visit.
They even asked me if the entire groups food and drinks would be added to my room and I would just pay for it all at the end of our stay..
As you can imagine my reply was both swift and to the point.
I do know however that several car clubs have used this hotel in the past and one of the reasons I selected it was because it offered ample free parking in pleasant surroundings when many of the hotels in the cities only offered chargeable parking in public car parks.
Cheers Ian
Old 18th September 2019, 08:57   #910
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Hi Ian, don't reproach yourself you have done enough to organise this trip, many thanks for that.

We will see when we get there if we can push for something off the main menu,
we have opted for the inclusive break fast deal as the dinner is an option if not then we will also eat out I think there is a Chinese not too far away.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote