Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th February 2019, 18:05   #441
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Your post #436 said "would you be good enough to confirm whether you have a conflict of interest?"

Jeff's post #427 said "I have no conflict of interests what so ever"

To me that seems perfectly clear.

He has no financial interest, is not related or all the other possible conflicts of interest one can have in undertaking a commercial activity.
Ah, In my post, I was asking the poster who stated that Jeff had a conflict of interest to state whether he himself had one!

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 18:11   #442
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
try to make contact with those outside the club who are involved. Maybe contact the admin of other forums (BMW ones spring to mind) and see what response you get. Once everything is organised and you have an idea how many people and what sort of figures are involved then seek proper legal advice about what can be done.
If someone were so inclined, I think they'd be better asking legal advice first then start doing all the running around after.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 06:10   #443
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
If someone were so inclined, I think they'd be better asking legal advice first then start doing all the running around after.
A bit of a “chicken and egg” scenario I agree - but I think Steve is correct here - I do not think the shenanigans happened solely on here. I have also suggested contacting other clubs to ascertain if the same thing has happened within other clubs.

If that is the case, then those that have lost money would have a far stronger case as this info would show intent. As it stands at the moment, with just us here in the club discussing it, it is my belief that a legal expert would see this as a minor “internal” spat between club members.

I don’t see how researching the true nature and extent of the deception would do anything but strengthen the case against the perpetrator - assuming of course that a deception has taken place !

Knowledge and proof of that knowledge is key in such cases.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 06:24   #444
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I understand that......but.

I have said if those that are owed money want to know what we have found out we will share that information with them.
As far as how they use that information afterwards is entirly up to them.

That is not me or the other guys wanting to chase the money on their behalf (as yes that would be a conflict of interests and seem rather strange) just us letting those parties know further information that may be of use to them if taking legal action.
This is the whole reason why I said to PM or Email me(us) so if those parties do persue a legal case against Sean/Joe that it is in no way comprimised by posting it all on a public forum.

I would have thought that is pretty clear, it is also what the owners of this club have reqested.
Last year Jeff, we (the family farm in South Africa) took a tenant to the High Court for unpaid rent of £13,000. We won! Then he legged it. We have had him “credit blacklisted” and last time we heard of his whereabouts, he legged it to the Congo! Our legal costs we had to pay ourselves came to £3,000. Financially we lost out, even though “right” was on our side and during that time, we were very careful not to say anything about it on the internet as we did not want a counter litigation. One day, he will return to South Africa and we will get him.

Whoever is going down the legal road, it will be expensive, with no guarantees.

You are right to stick with the club and not post up anymore helpful posts in this thread with the mud slinging going on.

Your cat photo thread Jeff has a huge following on this forum and I know you do a lot of charitable works for free at the cat rescue. With you Jeff, it’s not all about the money. Anyway, it’s great to hear you are going to stay around, helping people out via pm and through your good work.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 06:34   #445
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Last year Jeff, we (the family farm in South Africa) took a tenant to the High Court for unpaid rent of £13,000. We won! Then he legged it. We have had him “credit blacklisted” and last time we heard of his whereabouts, he legged it to the Congo! Our legal costs we had to pay ourselves came to £3,000. Financially we lost out, even though “right” was on our side and during that time, we were very careful not to say anything about it on the internet as we did not want a counter litigation. One day, he will return to South Africa and we will get him.

Whoever is going down the legal road, it will be expensive, with no guarantees.

You are right to stick with the club and not post up anymore helpful posts in this thread with the mud slinging going on.

Your cat photo thread Jeff has a huge following on this forum and I know you do a lot of charitable works for free at the cat rescue. With you Jeff, it’s not all about the money. Anyway, it’s great to hear you are going to stay around, helping people out via pm and through your good work.
Totally agree.

Jeff you are one of the “good guys” caught up in something beyond your control.

As a fellow animal lover I also applaud your work here. When you fitted my “Star” it was a great day when I meet a fellow enthusiast and pet rescuer!

Very wise words posted above.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 07:20   #446
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Thanks Phil and Clive.

I have said all I can on the subject and asked that anyone who wants further information to PM/Email Rob, Tony or myself.

I will leave it at that guys.
Old 18th February 2019, 07:30   #447
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
A bit of a “chicken and egg” scenario I agree - but I think Steve is correct here - I do not think the shenanigans happened solely on here. I have also suggested contacting other clubs to ascertain if the same thing has happened within other clubs.

If that is the case, then those that have lost money would have a far stronger case as this info would show intent. As it stands at the moment, with just us here in the club discussing it, it is my belief that a legal expert would see this as a minor “internal” spat between club members.

I don’t see how researching the true nature and extent of the deception would do anything but strengthen the case against the perpetrator - assuming of course that a deception has taken place !

Knowledge and proof of that knowledge is key in such cases.
To my mind, if it were me, I'd find out the realistic prospective of getting any alleged offence into a court room, getting a verdict then the prospect of getting recompense.
Only then would I do all the leg work of finding out if there's 50/100/150 people possible affected. But that's just me.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 07:41   #448
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
To my mind, if it were me, I'd find out the realistic prospective of getting any alleged offence into a court room, getting a verdict then the prospect of getting recompense.
Only then would I do all the leg work of finding out if there's 50/100/150 people possible affected. But that's just me.

The prospect of success in court will depend on the number of people impacted, level of loss, intent etc. and this is the information that a solicitor is likely to need before giving an opinion on the likelihood of success. I don't think people will get anywhere without doing the leg work first.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 07:54   #449
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The prospect of success in court will depend on the number of people impacted, level of loss, intent etc. and this is the information that a solicitor is likely to need before giving an opinion on the likelihood of success. I don't think people will get anywhere without doing the leg work first.
Exactly! Also, success in court is highly unlikely to equal success in the wallet.....
Old 18th February 2019, 07:58   #450
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I’m just glad I had received decent service from Sean, I bought three preowned units off him, a WinCE double din which I think were the best of them all, and also a Navall 1 and a Navall 3. Even with a few issues, both Sean and Jeff bounced emails back to rectify any issues that arose. It’s not fair to badmouth anyone who was linked to Sean in a professional but separate capacity.

Maybe it would be a gentlemanly thing to do if the Club utilised some of the Premium Trader funds received from Sean over the last 10yrs, to help with any legal costs incurred by those who have bought from him though the forum, and whom are now significantly out of pocket?
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote