Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th September 2018, 20:20   #61
**Kayleigh**

MK2 MGZS x3, MGF's, MGTF's, MGZR's, MGZT's, Rover 45, Rover 25 commerce, etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Kayleigh - that is a lie!!! At the time of this repair my mother was still alive and I had more money than I did later as I hadn't taken the house on. I clearly told you if the engine was bad to replace it - you quoted me £650, why would I go on to pay you £700 if I didn't have the money????? and you told me I was better off fixing it. Please don't make me put conversations on here - I STILL HAVE THEM. I would not have minded any of that but I contacted you to tell you it was using water and you kept telling me it was the rad cap, I replaced that, I told you it didn't work, and I also told you it was steaming, and you told me it was THE WEATHER!!!! I have those conversations too.

Don't even mention the debacle of an MOT I almost scrapped my car for - you told me it was going to be at least £600 and that if I didn't have it waxoyled it would be so rotten by the next MOT it would want a load of welding doing!!!! You wanted to take the interior out to "weld up" the hand brake actuator, you told me it probably needed a lamda sensor, should I go on???? You know what that car needed???? It needed ONE coil pack, the handbrake shoes fitting correctly as they'd been done wrong, and a tyre repair from a nail. The underbody had surface corrosion which I have done myself nothing that is going into a hole any time soon, and if you want I will bring it to your ramp and we can discuss it!!!!

A friend on here did it for free, but did warn me your MOT had missed a seriously corroded spring which in his, and the new MOT'ers opinion wouldn't last long.

Why do you think I didn't come back any more? I had considered this done with and had not posted anywhere or sullied your name, I only posted in this thread as it was me who directed the OP to you.

While we are on the subject if you're so dang good how come you posted all over Facebook that Mark no longer works for you, btw????
😮 well, I would be delighted for you to come to my garage and discuss this. I look forward to seeing you.
**Kayleigh** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 21:05   #62
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Kayleigh** View Post
😮 well, I would be delighted for you to come to my garage and discuss this. I look forward to seeing you.
I don't think that would be a particularly good idea given the circumstances.

It would appear on the face of things that Dawn raised concerns about the standard of repairs carried out to the engine in "Bones", only to be fobbed off, things like the excessive steam being due to the weather, oh it's the expansion cap, etc etc etc.

It's never a nice thing to have your workmanship called into question, however sometimes it's possible to get it wrong, and having seen the repair in question myself, it's nothing I would have been happy to sign off if I'd been doing the job.

I'm not going to go into specifics, but could do so quite easily as I am definitely no stranger to doing this job, and I'm more than aware of the shortcomings in this particular case.

Sometimes it is better to learn from your mistakes, and the approach you're taking in this instance isn't the right one

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 02:17   #63
**Kayleigh**

MK2 MGZS x3, MGF's, MGTF's, MGZR's, MGZT's, Rover 45, Rover 25 commerce, etc etc

If Dawn had requested for us to do it again under warranty because she had been advised it was my work / parts then I would have done, I had alot of calls with dawn aswell as messages trying to get to the bottom of her random coolant loss, I honour my warranty & proof of that was a trip to the Netherlands earlier this year at my own expense to do a head gasket replacement under warranty. I am happy for Dawn to come down & discuss this with me so I can understand where we went wrong & apologise for any upset caused. It upsets me to see disappointed customers & although no one has a 100% feedback rate I do try hard to ensure everyone is happy.
Dawn hasn't contacted me to complain about anything other than what she's publicly posted here so how can I sort it if she didn't complain back then? and as for the mot test I don't test them, a local garage does & I only quoted to repair the failure list and I did quote on 'if' it's this causing the emissions etc. if she felt the test was incorrect and told me this I would have given her the details to complain about the test station direct with DVSA.
I am happy to discuss with Dawn but it's unfair to do so publicly when she didn't complain directly to me about any of this previous to the comments on this post.
**Kayleigh** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:34   #64
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

A very eloquent post. However considering the scathing, threatening pm I recieved from you last night I think I will pass on discussing what went wrong thanks. If you owe me an apology for anything its the pm not the engine.

The original poster is now happy so I suggest this thread be closed and that be an end to it.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:42   #65
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
A very eloquent post. However considering the scathing, threatening pm I recieved from you last night I think I will pass on discussing what went wrong thanks. If you owe me an apology for anything its the pm not the engine.

The original poster is now happy so I suggest this thread be closed and that be an end to it.

Well said Dawn, I think 99.9% of members will know what to do when they have K series issues.