Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd August 2018, 18:17   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
There's one problem with that - people with class do not buy M3 or Cxx cars!
In much the same way A Kawasaki Vulcan owner wouldn't ride a proper bike

As much as I like the R40, the V8 variants do not work on any level, and having driven both I wouldn't hesitate to buy a C63 Mercedes as it simply is a much better car

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:22   #22
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

I've never seen the appeal of the 75/ZT v8 myself, always thought they are over rated, over priced & under powered. Only my opinion, some love them & I'm fine with that.

All that said, when there are only a handful left this price will probably be cheap. Look at a Capri these days or a lotus Carlton. Something like this if you can afford it & sit on it, what price will it be in 25 years time. Bit more than it is now methinks.

Not for me this, You have a car, or 2 or 3 to drive & to enjoy the experience of driving them IMHO. If you want to look at it. Get A Picture.

Regards

Paul
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:42   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
In much the same way A Kawasaki Vulcan owner wouldn't ride a proper bike

Brian

What, the type where the rider has to lie on his belly?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 20:17   #24
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul d View Post
I've never seen the appeal of the 75/ZT v8 myself, always thought they are over rated, over priced & under powered.
Absolutely, I know the reasons but it's still amazing they managed to choose the worst V8 of it's day, quite frankly one of the most disappointing v8s in history.
Old 4th August 2018, 08:35   #25
bazyerma
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

I think the modern classic bubble will burst soon.

Anything after 2001 will get taxed / or regulated off the road and only pre 1980 or new cars will be kept on the road.

I really wonder in 10 years time, who will be in the market for a 20K Rover, V8 or not?!?

Although to contradict myself, my 6K Cosworth I bought 8 years ago, and smashed then sold off for parts would now be worth closer to 20k now, so I hope the bubble does burst, as I would love another 2wd Sapphire Cosworth again!

Regards
Barry
bazyerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 18:48   #26
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazyerma View Post
my 6K Cosworth I bought 8 years ago, and smashed then sold off for parts would now be worth closer to 20k now, so I hope the bubble does burst, as I would love another 2wd Sapphire Cosworth again!

Regards
Barry
22k, to be precise.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sier....c100005.m1851
Old 5th August 2018, 09:36   #27
bazyerma
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Yeah, I know I said 2wd, Mine was also Moonstone blue like below, could cope with the extra traction, but not the 17K, Just could not spend that on a car, I would be too scared to drive it!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sier...sAAOSwPK1ZS5zc
bazyerma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 10:16   #28
billericaymgxpower
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Nissan Patrol, Volkswagen Touareg, Vauxhall Frontera

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
£19k is a hell of a lot, you'd have to be a massive die hard fan.

I'd say it's about 10k over priced, 19k can buy you some real automotive icons, this is one for speculators only.

Mind you what do I know, Dagenham dustbins have sold for a lot more
True, mileage considered I wouldn't pay anything more than 10k. Worth watching though. Not my taste the flip tone paint but only my opinion. Sure it looks stunning in the flesh.
billericaymgxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 10:53   #29
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Having read some of these comments it makes me smile, yes the BMW M3 and Merc C63 and Audi S6 are amazing cars to drive but then they should be with the development budget they had. Has anybody on here actually owned one? I know of an owner who is very well paid and he nearly cries when his goes to the garage.

Yes you can pick a good one up for £20k with reasonable mileage but it could easily cost you 10% of that annually to keep it on the road and that is if nothing goes wrong with it. You cant go putting £100 tyres on one or you will be seeing the underside of it in a ditch and have you seen what a Mercedes, BMW or Audi dealer will charge you to put a set of brakes on one?

I agree the V8 Rover 75/MG ZT's are far from perfect and they are not the most powerful cars but they are affordable and if you park it up for a few hours it is still going to be there and not on its way to Lithuania or South Africa in a container.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 11:14   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Having read some of these comments it makes me smile, yes the BMW M3 and Merc C63 and Audi S6 are amazing cars to drive but then they should be with the development budget they had. Has anybody on here actually owned one? I know of an owner who is very well paid and he nearly cries when his goes to the garage.

Yes you can pick a good one up for £20k with reasonable mileage but it could easily cost you 10% of that annually to keep it on the road and that is if nothing goes wrong with it. You cant go putting £100 tyres on one or you will be seeing the underside of it in a ditch and have you seen what a Mercedes, BMW or Audi dealer will charge you to put a set of brakes on one?

I agree the V8 Rover 75/MG ZT's are far from perfect and they are not the most powerful cars but they are affordable and if you park it up for a few hours it is still going to be there and not on its way to Lithuania or South Africa in a container.

And then there's the point about "class" as well!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote