Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th February 2017, 16:49   #6481
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
What about a coat hanger arial model http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3224235988...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ........don't tell me....you got one
I have all of the Vanguard models Keith, including the one in blaze orange with a primer wing and coat hanger aerial

My own preference in real life, was to substitute a snapped aerial with a number eight knitting needle, filched from my mother

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 17:21   #6482
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

1 hours sunshine today so gave the car a wash and hoover ready for tomorrows M.O.T.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 18:03   #6483
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Forgot which part of the forum this thread was on. So a bit of catching up to do.
Last Tuesday took Mo for a 375 mile round trip to Bristol. 205.9 miles there, 170.3 miles back. . . . . Guess who discovered he'd missed the 23a junction as he sailed past junction 23 on M1?
Also got a bit lost in Bristol.
Apart from drifting to the left, the only other problem I encountered was on the way back. I'd played 3 cd's and it was as I was taking the third out I noticed a blast like from a furnace from the cd slot. Fourth cd kept cutting out so I listened to the radio instead. Checking the heating system and the cd player is a future job.
Parked up outside my house.
Wednesday I cleaned the window rubbers, scraping moss from one of the rears, and brought the rubber mats inside for cleaning. Waiting for some materials to arrive before I do this.
Thursday spent my off day at work for compulsory training. Bought a set of powered leather seats off ebay. One needs a bit of repair before fitting.
Friday started her up and as I was setting off noticed a horrible metallic crunching sound from the front
Rang seat man to say I couldn't collect and after I had explained why, he told me to check under the wheel arch as it sounded to him like a spring had gone. He was right.
To think that could have happened at any time flying up or down the motorway! Thank you Lord!
Car now in the garage getting all four springs fixed. I'll be posting details of cost in a thread on the technical forum.
Should be ready Tuesday
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 18:38   #6484
2.2-600-vtec
Loves to post

mg ztt

Your almost all right. It's t series block head and crank, with wasted spark ignition. Mg montego O series pistons. Tick ford turbo M series rods. Proper hybrid, I did look at prima pistons but compression would be ultra low. It's very low now hence the extra bits nobody has noticed on the front of the engine

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
2.2-600-vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 20:40   #6485
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Not to mention the rare tickford conrods!
I have a lightened set here, waiting for the right moment. Some of the latest engines (normally aspirated) I've built have used vauxhall red top mahle pistons and t conrods, ideal. I did look at using a prima crank in the m16 years ago, offset ground to increase stroke - it looked possible, but heck its heavy.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 23:09   #6486
2.2-600-vtec
Loves to post

mg ztt

I used to have a montego turbo with prima pistons God it had some lag but was awesome when on boost. This little beast should have far less lag but until it's up and running it's hard to tell what she will be like.

Old 20th February 2017, 06:39   #6487
2.2-600-vtec
Loves to post

mg ztt

Yeah non of my mg turbos suffered with torque steer that I noticed. Lag was great fun t made it feel so much quicker.
On this engine I am aiming for near 1psi from 1krpm with its setup then 18 from 3k up but we will see.

Old 20th February 2017, 07:26   #6488
Luckygrandads75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Decided not to scrap my 1.8 after receiving a wake up call message from regional director Peter,thanks mate.

So gave it its 1st spring clean polished the hell out of the crome,treating it to W D40 on all the door hinges and stood back and admired my beautiful 75, best looking car on the road to me.Don't think I can ever part with it
Luckygrandads75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:36   #6489
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

A bit more work on the new acquisition today. Changed the UBP, which was a pattern part and noisy. It was also leaking fuel into the supply plug connection - didn't want the aroma of eau de diesel in the cabin, which would have happened if left long enough.

Then had a look at the radiator cooling fan, which wasn't working at all. The previous owner had paid good money for a Kenlowe fan (wonder if the name came about in the same way as the Kenwood Chef food mixer? He used to live locally and his name was Ken Wood).

Anyway, started by checking the fuse, and Lo and Behold it was loose. Tightened it up and the fan kicked in on low speed. Just when I was thinking this is a result, I tried it with the ECON button pressed, and it still ran.

Had a look inside the control box; all wired correctly for a modded two speed fan from an original three speed, and shorting the relays gave both low and high speeds respectively, so swapped the circuit board for one from the scrapper and everything is as it should be.

Getting the tracking sorted tomorrow, and a spare key courtesy of cb750chris on Friday, will swap the cheap and nasty pattern undertray over and hopefully it will be good to go.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 13:59   #6490
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,not today but last weekend on the launch car polished the headlights due to an advisory on last MOT,redone the handbrake adjustment on the rear drums as per procedure but even with a modified compensator still have to take up an unexplained amount of slack at the handbrake lever so will need to delve further.And for my efforts have been down with the 'man flue' all week.Was going to give it a good check over before the MOT this week but will just have to take it in and see what the result will be.Time for more paracetomols!Regards Ry...
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote