Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th April 2011, 12:02   #1
Bedin1969

none at the moment

Default Rover 75 tourer club se 2.0 v6

i have seen this car for sale at a local garage, its mileage is 38,000, and i am very tempted to buy, as its a stunning looking car, i am asking for any advice on what to look for, any common faults that they have, any reliability issues, and i'm sure i'm not the first but when i mentioned this car to a few guys at work they all harped on about head gasket failures and warping cylinder heads, any help and/or advice please
Bedin1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 12:39   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

hi the v6 is not noted for headgasket failure end of they are refering to the 1.8 which with the new upgraded parts is as as good as any.the kv6 you are intrested in has like any car has its problems service history is important also it is now due for a belt change this can around the £500 pound mark also have a look in the v off the engine under the inlet manifold this is where the thermostat is located look for signs of any leaks ie dry anti freeze .this can be sorted but is quite labour intensive.however with a decent warranty and that mileage should be ok.as for that mileage get it checked