Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th November 2016, 10:06   #6031
rathlindri
Loves to post

2004 MG ZT CDTi 135+ saloon

Car passed it's MOT on Saturday; renewed my membership subscription here this morning. Best value tenner I will spend this year probably...
rathlindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 15:43   #6032
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Nothing today, nothing yesterday, in fact I have done nothing to our Rosey for over a month I think That's got to be a record for me whilst owning this car
Old 15th November 2016, 05:13   #6033
Davey1991
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Cleaned ready for the 450 mile round trip today! Bring it on.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Davey1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 10:55   #6034
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Changed one of my Led number plate light bulbs as one was flicking on and off.
Cleaned the lenses both sides.
Originally I was told I had to remove the 4 T25 screws, 2 came out easily but the other 2 were heavily corroded but after some gentle persuasion and a few choice words they eventually did come out.

Put the 2 outer screws back in but will need to get some replacements as the other 2 are no good.
Hopefully will be able to get some normal Philips type screws to replace as they are much easier to remove.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 15:46   #6035
Tiff
Regular poster

75 saloon

Fitted led front sidelight bulbs,freed off stuck drivers door lock, fitted replacement scuttle grill as last one was broken. Programmed in used remote I found in the scrappies and carried on trying to get off years of buildup of white grease in the door checks..that stuff sticks! Got fed up after a while so cleaned up the tail light gaskets.
Tiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 22:45   #6036
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Finally finished replacing o/s/f wishbone and bush.Fought me all the way,every bolt seemed seized.She didn't like me getting underneath and groping her chassis,I have the bruising and skinned knuckles as a consequence. All due to last advisory on MOT.Can't wait for next week's MOT!! Regards Ry....
ryszard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 17:15   #6037
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I don't often post here anymore, but my work on the 75 hasn't decreased.

For example, just in the last two weeks I've installed a ski hatch (didn't had one), I replaced my IPK with a almost brand new one, am in the process of installing cruise control, installed the Roewe 750 airco unit, have managed to find 2 front seat backboards with a pocket (been searching for months), have given the car a complete wetsand to remove the orange peel and installed a brand new rear light.

The next upcoming things are:
Lowering the car (still saving money), getting my wheels repainted this winter, new 1.8 bullet stickers on the door (mine are a tad worn) and make a new wooden board for the trunk (the original one is starting to bend a bit).

Nothing beats a properly working LCD screen
Old 17th November 2016, 18:08   #6038
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
I don't often post here anymore, but my work on the 75 hasn't decreased.

For example, just in the last two weeks I've installed a ski hatch (didn't had one), I replaced my IPK with a almost brand new one, am in the process of installing cruise control, installed the Roewe 750 airco unit, have managed to find 2 front seat backboards with a pocket (been searching for months), have given the car a complete wetsand to remove the orange peel and installed a brand new rear light.

The next upcoming things are:
Lowering the car (still saving money), getting my wheels repainted this winter, new 1.8 bullet stickers on the door (mine are a tad worn) and make a new wooden board for the trunk (the original one is starting to bend a bit).

Nothing beats a properly working LCD screen
Can't believe you've managed to finally get hold of the things you've been after! You wanted them when we spoke at waxstock still striving for perfection I see...
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 19:55   #6039
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Absolutely, but I think I'm never finished. So many things on this car I want to get in an even more perfect state .
Old 18th November 2016, 07:59   #6040
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Replaced my dodgy No.3 injector yesterday with a refurbed one from Lynx Diesels. It all went quite smoothly - I had sprayed some WD40 fast penetrant round the injector the day before, and it came out easily with a small pry bar- no need to get the slide hammer out. I managed to remove all the leak back pipes/T-pieces without incident - if you ease the T-pieces out gently with a small screwdriver, there should not be problem - I do not understand why folks often seem to break them !

Put it all back together, put on a new fuel filter with a bottle of Forte Diesel Treatment tipped into it - ran the engine for 30 seconds, and left overnight. I'll take it for an Italian test drive later today, hopefully with a nice set of clean, in-spec injectors.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote