Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th July 2015, 20:40   #1
Salad-Dodger
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T 190

Default A few codes on fresh start-up

Well I've started it up and all has been fine for a couple of days and it sounds quite good. Then the engine light came on as they do.
The codes are 137 low volts bank1, sens2. 300 random misfire and 330 knock sensor circuit malfunction bank2.
The temperature climbs to 100 deg and the fan comes on. It then cools to 94 deg and the fan goes off. I fitted a new resistor while it was all apart.
The first code is a lambda fault that I can cope with but the misfire (multiple cylinders) I have never seen. Also, the last one is a new one for me. May try another sensor and see what happens.

Putting a bit of logic on this, if the knock sensor is not working and the ecu doesn't get the correct information, that could maybe cause the multi misfire which would trigger a code on one of the lambdas?
Any input very welcome! Steve
Salad-Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 18:54   #2
Salad-Dodger
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T 190

Changed the knock sensors today. Deleted all the codes mentioned before and all running fine except I think the idle is a little low at 500rpm hot.
May need to re-set the TB to raise it a bit.
Its just possible to change the sensors without removing the manifolds even though I have large hands!
The problem with the previous unit was a lack of oil pressure producing a noisy top-end in the early stages, progressing to a definite bottom end knock. Will take it apart soon and have a look. Steve
Old 9th July 2015, 23:36   #3
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad-Dodger View Post
Changed the knock sensors today. Deleted all the codes mentioned before and all running fine except I think the idle is a little low at 500rpm hot.
May need to re-set the TB to raise it a bit.
Its just possible to change the sensors without removing the manifolds even though I have large hands!
The problem with the previous unit was a lack of oil pressure producing a noisy top-end in the early stages, progressing to a definite bottom end knock. Will take it apart soon and have a look. Steve
This is only set-able via a T4, I believe.

Maybe you know more than me in this area (easily possible and perhaps you can enlighten me about re-setting the TB?) but I'd guess there's still something wrong.

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Anon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 12:44   #4
Salad-Dodger
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T 190

Hi Anon3.
Got to say, you may be correct on the T4 subject and I may be jumping the gun on it being relative to the TB anyway.
I removed everything that was on my engine and put it onto this one. The idle on my old unit was about 750 and that was as near correct I think, but this one is only 500 and I don't like it!
I will do a bit of research to find out exactly what would control the idle. If its the ECU then a T4 session will be the order I think.
I used the car for work today and it behaved itself in every respect except the clutch pedal is a bit soggy. Probably could do with some more bleeding.
The slave is a very recent one and I was surprised on how much black clutch dust there was coming out on the first bleed. The dust obviously gets behind the seal quite easily from the outset which must shorten its life quite a bit.

I'm hoping someone else may come on for the idle issue to start me off before I get looking for answers on the web! I spend a lot of time on research as I restore and service classic cars as a heavy hobby.
Cam timing is spot-on (190) Idle is constant and no exhaust leaks.
Steve