Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2015, 22:05   #21
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Fantastic Col,deffo worth waiting for,particularly the bus ones,as you know I was in the business,driving that is for many years.

Is the half cab a former United machine,possibly ECW Bodywork,on Bristol Chassis.

Not too sure on the full front,maybe duple body on Bedford or Thames,altogether brilliant stuff Col,they don't seem to be too far from me,will have to dig me old reccy gear out lol.

Keep up the good work Mate,really looking forward to part 3.

Cheers Col.

John.
The 2 half cabs are as you rightly identified Bristols, the full front is a bonneted Leyland Comet, the 2 collapsed ones seem to be Bedford OBs & I've no idea what the chassis on it's own is, the Artic is an AEC, the 6 wheel flat is a Dodge K series, the luton van is I think an O/M or K series Bedford, the collapsed thing next to the Macalpine bus is a Bedford J type, the CWS Egg truck is I think a costcutter Thames & the tractor unit standing alone in the trees is an International Loadstar formerly of the Fearless rubber Co in Newcastle.

Part 3 hasn't happened yet but if it comes off will top parts 1 & 2 no problem at all
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 00:00   #22
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

The Leyland Comet,quite rare on a coach chassis I would think Col,seen many on wagon chassis though particularly Tippers.

In your experience of digging deep into these matters,would you know what former companies the 2 Bristol half cabs & the Comet came from?many thanks again mate for posting these fantastic finds & as said will await in anticipation if you do a part 3.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 25th May 2015, 06:21   #23
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Might be an odd question, but doesn't the landowner want to do anything about the land ie clear it all up?
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 14:34   #24
2Diesels
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
The Leyland Comet,quite rare on a coach chassis I would think Col,seen many on wagon chassis though particularly Tippers.

In your experience of digging deep into these matters,would you know what former companies the 2 Bristol half cabs & the Comet came from?many thanks again mate for posting these fantastic finds & as said will await in anticipation if you do a part 3.

Best Regards.

John.
Aye very rare in coach form.

One Bristol was in North Western United livery, the other was in McAlpine & sons not sure if they were an operator or if it was McAlpine construction as they built the M6. Wasn't able to spot any sign writing on the Comet but it had a Carlisle area registration.
Old 26th May 2015, 14:36   #25
2Diesels
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
Might be an odd question, but doesn't the landowner want to do anything about the land ie clear it all up?
Not sure whose land it is but I do know a bloke was running an illegal scrapyard from there a few years back & he was asked to clean the place up but never did
Old 26th May 2015, 19:52   #26
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
Aye very rare in coach form.

One Bristol was in North Western United livery, the other was in McAlpine & sons not sure if they were an operator or if it was McAlpine construction as they built the M6. Wasn't able to spot any sign writing on the Comet but it had a Carlisle area registration.
Thanks for the info Col,the Comet reg sounds very interesting,even more so with a local reg from my area,good hunting Mate.

Best Regards.

John.