Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2007, 13:50   #1
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Thumbs up No more smoke !

I cleaned the PCV filter and EGR valve yesterday and did the MK2 chop on the intake

PCV filter is comical looks very much like a ball of string inside a foam sleeve to me............ Later....................... in fact it is a ball of string!

PCV was like, really yuk and EGR a bit sooty probably 3mm all round car has only done 45,000 miles

I can now run the Synergy on 10 with Maf switched on as well no more visible smoke in the rear mirror, previously following traffic would have been gassed

I might disconnect the EGR vacuum but not 100% where the benefit is in doing that
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 14:05   #2
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I cleaned the PCV filter and EGR valve yesterday and did the MK2 chop on the intake

PCV filter is comical looks very much like a ball of string inside a foam sleeve to me............ Later....................... in fact it is a ball of string!

PCV was like, really yuk and EGR a bit sooty probably 3mm all round car has only done 45,000 miles

I can now run the Synergy on 10 with Maf switched on as well no more visible smoke in the rear mirror, previously following traffic would have been gassed

I might disconnect the EGR vacuum but not 100% where the benefit is in doing that
Cleaning the pcv does make a surprising difference although I can't explain why!

Dave has the egr bypass pipes in hand, so one of these would be better than disconnecting the egr vacuum supply.

Ron
Old 10th April 2007, 14:28   #3
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
Dave has the egr bypass pipes in hand, so one of these would be better than disconnecting the egr vacuum supply.

Ron
I agree the sheer size of the valve in the opening is very obstructive isn't it

Off topic Ron have you done seperate Synergies for the PSA 90/110 bhp 2.0 HDI and the newer 92/110 bhp 1.6 variant?
I am missing the Picasso I had, it was far more practical as a family car due to proper rear leg room so thinking about getting another.
Old 10th April 2007, 15:50   #4
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
..............so thinking about getting another.
So which one are you going to sell on Keith
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 17:01   #5
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
So which one are you going to sell on Keith
He'll do a straight swap - any old Picasso for the ZT260!

Ron
Old 10th April 2007, 17:02   #6
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

What I would like is a V8 ZTT, & a 75 CDT tourer both with all the kit I already have in my current 75 and ZTT, and another Picasso or even a diesel Espace to get all the family, dog and luggage in.

Biggest problem at the moment is Karen will not drive the V8, clutch is too heavy and she is also simply frightened of it!

Common sense says that is the one to sell, but I change my mind on thar everytime I drive it!
Old 10th April 2007, 17:06   #7
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
I agree the sheer size of the valve in the opening is very obstructive isn't it

Off topic Ron have you done seperate Synergies for the PSA 90/110 bhp 2.0 HDI and the newer 92/110 bhp 1.6 variant?
I am missing the Picasso I had, it was far more practical as a family car due to proper rear leg room so thinking about getting another.
I've sold many for the 90/110bhp (Bosch injected) and a few for the Siemens injection, though it's hard to get as much 'top end' from this system as the pump is run almost flat out so there's very little reserve to exploit above 3500rpm.

The feedback on the Bosch version has been as good as that from Rover/MG owners.

I now also do one for the Mondeo/Xtype/Transit 2L TDCi - my X-ype estate is quicker than my 75 saloon and 30-70 in 2nd/3rd/4th is as quick as the S-type 2.7 twin turbo.

Ron