This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts
Default UK whats that

United Kingdom, my backside!

Northern Ireland Dislikes England
Wales Dislike England
Scotland Dislikes England

Perhaps its England,(thats where all the no good nasty people live,who have not got a clue about anything) should be independent from the rest of the United Kingdom.

I shall say it again,it was a out vote by the people of the United Kingdom,not a separate vote by the member countries,the votes were all put together and a out vote was the outcome.

That my friends is democracy and we are lead to believe thats how the decent people in this world choose to live.

When people in other countries around the world have been denied democracy,our soldiers wether they be Scottish,Northern Irish, Welsh or English have been sent to war and to die for that belief so we can live the way we do.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 29th June 2016 at 16:12..
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 11:48   #2
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

UK stands for Unknown!!!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 11:48   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post

When people in other countries around the world have been denied democracy,our soldiers wether they be Scottish,Irish Welsh or English have been sent to war and to die for that belief so we can live the way we do.

what I disagree with is the quote I have left remain above. other countries are none of our business and going to war because they do not believe in the same form of government as we do should not be an excuse to invade or declare war. that is where we as a nation become hypocritical.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 12:04   #4
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:

Ireland Dislikes England
Wales Dislike England

Perhaps its England,(thats where all the no good nasty people live,who have not got a clue about anything) should be independent from the rest of the United Kingdom.

I shall say it again,it was a out vote by the people of the United Kingdom,not a separate vote by the member countries,the votes were all put together and a out vote was the outcome.

That my friends is democracy and we are lead to believe thats how the decent people in this world choose to live.

When people in other countries around the world have been denied democracy,our soldiers wether they be Scottish,Irish Welsh or English have been sent to war and to die for that belief so we can live the way we do.

Did you really expect the people of Scotland to let you pull us out of Europe because your lot say so.

You might have the Bulldog spirit but we have the wee Terrier spirit ..

As for fighting for democracy yes we have .

So keep your missiles and your American lapdog status and let us go.

I quite like you by the way.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 13:20   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

I think we should get a giant chainsaw cut Wales adrift, cut Scotland away as well that way they can please themselves what they want to do.

Rev
Old 29th June 2016, 13:22   #6
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I think we should get a giant chainsaw cut Wales adrift, cut Scotland away as well that way they can please themselves what they want to do.

Rev
Get Donald (fly away hair)Trump to erect a Mexican style fence.
Old 29th June 2016, 13:29   #7
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:

Ireland Dislikes England
Wales Dislike England

I'm often perplexed by how often and how readily phrases such as "when we went to war" are invoked, as though going to war were something to be viewed with anything other than profound regret. There is a certain misty-eyed "we stood alone" attitude which often emerges at times which to me seem inappropriate at best, exploitative and disrespectful at worst. What have past war deaths got to do with where Britain is this week? Wrap me in the flag, boys, I'm going to Brussels to stick two fingers up at everyone ...

Resorting to the rhetoric of war also glosses over the (perhaps uncomfortable, but nonetheless incontrovertible) fact that Britain became the wealthy empire/nation that it is today behind the point of a bayonet and the barrel of a gun. Countries such as India, Kenya, Persia/Iraq, Palestine ... they, and all the rest of the countries that were once coloured red on the map, felt the sharp end of British self-interest, and feel the after-effects still. Plenty of soldiers certainly were sent to war and died so that Britain could live the way it did and (for some) continues to do. They also killed, brutalised and maimed entire peoples in the process. Even the first world war - the scale of whose carnage became the catalyst for the spreading the viewpoint that war is generally senseless and miserable rather than a source of glory and pride - was primarily a holocaust of the ordinary working man (regardless of his nationality) as a casual, disposable sacrifice to the power-hunger of a particular elite, rather than the oft-depicted "just" intervention intended to bring freedom to the meek and helpless.

Don't mistake this posting as some sort of anti-English or anti-British sentiment on my part - one of my own parents is English and I'm very fond of that side of my family and that part of my heritage, including the memory of those who lost their lives in the first and second world wars. But I have no fondness for the rising wave of intolerant belligerence that has been increasingly evident in recent years, and particularly in recent days. No, not all of the "no good nasty people" live in England. But they are certainly more strident, more visible and sadly more influential than they used to be.

Britain, and more specifically England, stands at a crossroads in its history at this particular time. It can be an opportunity to forge a positive identity, to create a better and more inclusive society for all those who live there. An end to the exploitative culture of zero-hours contracts, perhaps. Access to decent, affordable housing, healthcare and education for all. A place where entrepreneurial people will want to trade and innovate, rather than a place which the brightest will wish to leave. This will not be achieved through engendering an inward-looking, hostile attitude to all those who are still very much part of British society but who don't share the flag-waving, isolationist views loudly proclaimed by a certain section of that society.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 14:30   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:

Ireland Dislikes England
Wales Dislike England

incidentally Ireland is not part of the UK anyway :p

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 14:45   #9
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Get Donald (fly away hair)Trump to erect a Mexican style fence.

What! Around Glasgow?
Rev
Old 29th June 2016, 14:50   #10
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
What! Around Glasgow?
Rev
Your a disgrace to the church .

Whatever happened to tolerance and kindness.

I,m going straight to the top with this .

I want you stripped.