Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd January 2009, 21:51   #1
-Joe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Classic SE 1.8T

Default fbh & pektron timer

I have fitted a chinese remote control to my fbh. It works very well indeed.

I has super long range and the box sits in the battery tray so the wiring was

easy and install very neat. Took power from the nearby fuse box & battery body earth. Should take

some pics of it. Anyway it is possible to leave it switched on forever by accident at

the mo so I purchased a Meastro heated rear window timer to install so it will auto cut off

in case I forget to switch it off. Trouble is I need a pin out guide. Anyone got an old

Haynes manual for M - cars can tell me which pins are which. Even by looking inside it's

not easy to be 100% sure of whats what. Also I wish to put an LED inside to show when it's

on
-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:58   #2
jt002e2762
Loves to post

Ex 2.0 ltr CDT Conn

jt002e2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 23:54   #3
-Joe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Classic SE 1.8T

Default got it working

It works!

I emailed Haynes and they kindly sent me the information on the pin outs. Very impressed with their on-line support.

I now can turn on the FBH from great distances through house walls etc knowing it will always switch off!

I tend to switch it on every time before I use the car now so the car gets to running temp quickly. I do not have the fans inside working with it. I prefere just to warm the motor. Then drive away with the heater on full red. The aux electric heater I presume sees some action too, but in a very short time its warm inside.All this with a short FBH burn time.
Old 25th February 2009, 00:02   #4
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Joe View Post
It works!

I emailed Haynes and they kindly sent me the information on the pin outs. Very impressed with their on-line support.

I now can turn on the FBH from great distances through house walls etc knowing it will always switch off!

I tend to switch it on every time before I use the car now so the car gets to running temp quickly. I do not have the fans inside working with it. I prefere just to warm the motor. Then drive away with the heater on full red. The aux electric heater I presume sees some action too, but in a very short time its warm inside.All this with a short FBH burn time.
Please, can you supply more info? Re the "pin outs" and what you bought ? Maybe a proper "How to.."

Sounds interesting..................

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 01:12   #5
-Joe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Classic SE 1.8T

Default engine heater remote

Well had it working for ages now and I think it's the ultimate bond gadget for 75's. The remote has such power it's easy to plip the button from inside the house to start up the heater.

1 click initiates the start-up sequence. Click again and it starts the winding-down sequence. I've had no problems with the heater ecu getting
confused by the manual control. Even when you start the engine and the automatic system kicks in it causes no problems. I have added an LED warning lamp to the dash board to show when the timer is running.

You can use the remote to fire up the heater in the summer just to check if it's working.

It's fun to do this when somebody is leaning against the car. There firstly is a click, then a whir, then a motor revving up sound, mad ticking at the back of the car then... lift off! The burner lights and roars like a jet engine. Sometimes loads of smoke comes out too. Sometimes not! A smell like airport runways fills the air. "Excuse me sir, I think your cars on fire.", people say. I can answer "Don't worry I can extinguish that fire with a press of this button!

I go for a "pre burn" even on mild days when the heater usually would not come on by itself on auto mode. I think the engine likes warm starts. It's nice for quicker cabin warm up too.

It's also good for melting snow when parked. Before i fitted the timer cut out I once left it on by accident for 2-3 hours. It de-frosted the whole street!