Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th June 2019, 12:03   #81
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The problem we have is even the cars we drive have a large amount of plastic that is either unrecyclable or even if it is the company breaking the vehicle at the end of its life rarely do as it is easier to burn or skip it.

With the governments trying to make the cars on the roads cleaner they are actually making the problem worse, perfectly good vehicles are being scrapped well before the end of there life just so we produce less emissions.

I was reading a report a couple of years ago before all this plastic thing kicked off and it was saying the most environmental friendly cars are the ones that last 20 or more years. You have to travel about 80000 miles in the average car to equal the amount of energy it takes to make the same vehicle and don't get me started on the environmental impact on electric vehicles in a few years.
Yes - lots of real data to prove this. If we are thinking about the same report it said that throw away cars built in cheap manufacturing areas were the worst at total emissions and that Jeep and Land Rover overall were the least environmentaly damaging because of their “Triggers Broom” facility of being almost infinitely repairable.

But little tax is chargeable on repairing a vehicle - but quite a nice chunk is chargeable on new vehicles.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote