Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th August 2012, 10:21   #1
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Default Sad loss of car Vin no 158

As some might recall Phil had his Rover 75 V8 wrote off after going through a rather large puddle. Well I traced the ****** think for ages with Phil's help and after all the work it has appeared at a salvage resellers in Ireland http://www.ppp-group.co.uk/Catalog/19151892X.html (awful website by the way)

I emailed them and called in reference to it and have been advised it has been classed as a Cat B i.e cannot be put back on the road. I will keep an eye on it to see what is it's final fate but it looks like it will be broken up in Ireland. Seems a terrible shame as, it could be rescued but it is not be be. They worry about the electrics, the engine had suspected hydrolock but we are not sure and had a feeling it could be sorted. Even if not a new engine & auto box and complete front stuff up is available for less than £1000.

This car was a development 75V8 as it went down the line as a ZT260 and was then taken & turned into a 75 V8. So it does have a bit of history to it also.

Photos in it's better days

Last edited by Dominic22; 29th August 2012 at 10:24..
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote