Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th March 2017, 21:35   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Does Hyundai not make cars in India?
Yes, very well too

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 22:09   #12
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

My two Indian built hyundai i20s both brand new were terrible. Both had engine management issues that were never fixed properly. One started at two days old and when I got rid it the engine would still cut out whilst driving. They couldn't find the fault. Both had mechanical failures, with one taking them over a year to diagnose, saying that they would not fix it the last time I took it in only for them to say it would not get me home it had failed. The car was taken back on the back of an RAC truck two days later engine management again another two weeks waiting for parts. ( Parts always took two weeks to come dealers don't keep a stock and get them from a central store).

The other one had not as bad electrical problems but was dog rough running, but nothing wrong according to Hyundai, some are rough they said. Every time it had a motorway run it ran on three cylinders when you came off the slip road. No faults recorded so no problem. Had similar mechanical failure which was promptly fixed only for it to go again after 2k. Garage took it in to fix but Hyundai stopped them saying it was a design fault they had fitted the replacement part and had no way of fixing it. It won't fail keep driving it till we have an answer. I got rid of both.

I know people who have had no probs at all with them but others had similar problems as me. A friends i10 suffered similar issues and he got rid in less than a year and my neighbour has just got rid of his European built 16 plate i35 taken a hit and running a 14 plate Astra now, too many problems.

I have only heard good reports by everyone I have spoken to who own MG3s and I know which one I would have.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 16:24   #13
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

well my MG3 is well built and i have had it about 6 mts

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 19:17   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Bob, just out of curiosity can you let me know by pm what your issues were? Just curious. Two weeks for parts is ridiculous unless they were on back order.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 16:32   #15
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Bob, just out of curiosity can you let me know by pm what your issues were? Just curious. Two weeks for parts is ridiculous unless they were on back order.
I have sent you a PM
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 19:20   #16
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

So long as they are built properly, the workers are correctly trained and the materials are the same then theres not a problem. Skimp on any and it will go wrong.