Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2019, 14:21   #31
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Here we go again. Another post that has degenerated into a series of political points. Here's me thinking such posts were banned.... Never mind. I don't own a Rover any more though so no point in my contributing as apparently non Rover owners are not welcome
Nobody gives a stuff what car you drive Nick - it’s your petulant attitude whereby you label me as “paranoid” and accuse me of rubbishing people with Aspergers Syndrome that occasionally brings you to the attention of others.

So in the grand tradition of this Club - that welcomes everyone- even me !! - if playing the BALL not the player let’s have a look at what has really gone on.

T May never even considered a No Deal Exit - never discussed it.

The EU is intent on a Backstop Clause that means that if the U.K. walks away it has to leave Northern Ireland behind.

The EU is refusing to budge on this because it thinks the U.K. Parliament is scared witless of this.

But Business and Ministers - as well as the population as a whole - are concluding that this does not “box us in” - we are not terrified, we are not cornered. Put No Deal on the table and it all becomes do-able. WTO rules overall add up to less than the net cost of EU Membership.

No Deal will be difficult - and there will de disturbances - but these would be temporary.

The real difficulty in all this will ultimately be for the likes of MP Nick Boles whose constituents voted 60% in favour of Leave. And yet Nick Boles has threatened to bring down the Government if “No Deal” is even put back on the negotiating table.

I bet that went down well with those who voted for him!

What we have here is brinkmanship - the EU is very, Very good at this.

In contrast we had T May sitting down with the EU expecting them to play fair.

You only have to look at how the EU treated Cameron when he tried for the reforms we all wanted for and within the EU - to realise the EU is not interested in Reform.

It told Cameron to Bu99er off - and we now have Brexit as a direct consequence of EU intransigence.
Old 18th July 2019, 15:27   #32
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Thats a real weird reply to be honest. I just made a general comment based on past experience where my car ownership was questioned, not by you I may hasten to add but lo and behold you go off one one again. Sad really. Bit of tongue in cheek gets this response but hey my lovely daughter is getting married to a splendid chap from Italy tomorrow. So I have other things on my mind I suppose.
Old 18th July 2019, 16:24   #33
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Thats a real weird reply to be honest. I just made a general comment based on past experience where my car ownership was questioned, not by you I may hasten to add but lo and behold you go off one one again. Sad really. Bit of tongue in cheek gets this response but hey my lovely daughter is getting married to a splendid chap from Italy tomorrow. So I have other things on my mind I suppose.
Have a really nice day. I wish you and your family well.

But I’m surprised you think my response is weird in any way. You are correct I have not ever questioned your “car ownership” - but it is a matter of record that you labelled me paranoid and tried to get a thread closed when it went in a direction you didn’t like by inferring prejudice on my part re people with Aspergers.

So your playing the innocent is amusing....

Last edited by Darcydog; 18th July 2019 at 16:33..
Old 18th July 2019, 18:17   #34
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

And so the children upset the playground again, reverting to abuse, bullying and altering words so as not trigger the swear filter.

Pathetic.

Thread closed.
If you want to discuss Brexit do it somewhere else.

Last edited by Simondi; 18th July 2019 at 21:44..
Closed Thread