Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th May 2013, 22:37   #71
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Its wonderful to see you posting up John after such a long and hard winter. I have never tried 3D photography and you do not have to, as you are almost there without it! I had a few looks at your latest offerings John and I could not see any examples of you using HDR tools, unless you have been able to fine tune the tone mapping and detail enhancers to an infinitely low level. No matter John, I continue to enjoy looking
Hi Phil,

Lovely to hear from you,many thanks for your kind word's,Jan & I hope all is well with you & your family.We are into May now & still feels like Winter,the pic's I posted were taken over the last couple of months & as you can see from some of them,we were getting better weather then,than we are now lol.

My sincere apologies if I repeat myself,but have no idea with these techy terms & the knowledge you guy's seem to have,as I may have said before,with me,it's more a question of feel for a good shot & composition,I just set my camera on auto then leave the rest to myself & picasa to come up with the rest.

I'm happy with the result's I get with my limited knowledge on this fascinating subject,but am over the moon & still feel very humble,although very appreciative that you guy's like what I am doing.

Very Best Regards.

John.
Old 15th May 2013, 16:41   #72
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

John - just what we've come to expect from you and your camera
I'm desperately waiting for some consistent sunshine to take some brighter photos - heaven knows how long I'll have to wait

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2013, 23:17   #73
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
John - just what we've come to expect from you and your camera
I'm desperately waiting for some consistent sunshine to take some brighter photos - heaven knows how long I'll have to wait
Many thanks Rod,yes I know what you mean with the weather,getting a wee bit tiresome,all this wind & rain on most days,although Monday,around here wasn't too bad,sunny with a bit of a cool breeze.

Managed to get out with the cam,took a few shots around Whitehaven Harbour,will post some up.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 26th May 2013, 00:13   #74
Bluejon

We had a beautiful sunny day today for a change,took advantage of it & went for an evening stroll around a local parkland area,with a gorgeous setting sun,took a few shot's of the local foliage.

Best Regards.

John.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:14..
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 08:09   #75
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

nice photos

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 16:53   #76
reworht
This is my second home

Beautiful - as usual - John. I think today's the first day this year I've worn a short sleeved shirt, so things are looking up!
I'm caravanning near York week after next, and then off up to Inverness in 5 weeks time. I'll try to get some photos of the dolphins in the Moray Firth to share on here

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 28th May 2013, 21:48   #77
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Beautiful - as usual - John. I think today's the first day this year I've worn a short sleeved shirt, so things are looking up!
I'm caravanning near York week after next, and then off up to Inverness in 5 weeks time. I'll try to get some photos of the dolphins in the Moray Firth to share on here
Many thanks Rod,hope your trips go well,haven't been up to Inverness since 1987,smashing part of the World,hope you get some nice pics to show us,take care.

Best Wishes.

John.
Old 29th May 2013, 00:18   #78
Bluejon

A few more shot's taken from around the same parkland area as above.The River in most of the shots,idyllic in these shot's, incidentally, is the River Derwent,from which,in 2009 the vast amount of water, flowing down the river,due to excessive rainfall ultimately caused serious damage to the bridge in the last pic,necessitating in closure for several months.

Two bridges further down river,one a footbridge,the second,another main road bridge were completely destroyed,being washed away by the volume of water,very sadly,a Police Officer on duty at the road bridge,lost his life when the bridge collapsed.

The Town of Workington was literally divided into two halves,road traffic had to make lengthy detours,to get to either side,the towns inhabitants,traveling between the two,without road transport had to make use of Rail travel,incidently,the Railway also crossed further down river,escaped relatively intact,thus carried on in service.

After months out of service,the bridge you see here was re-opened,a new footbridge was built,as was the roadbridge that collapsed, re-opened with a new, very stylistic, modern bridge which was opened in honour for the Police Officer who's life was lost.

Best Regards.

John.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:16..
Old 29th May 2013, 11:38   #79
reworht
This is my second home

I'm getting VERY envious seeing all that blue sky

Here's one for you to identify - it's on your side of the Pennines

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:10   #80
Bluejon

FIVE STRIKING SUNSET'S,ALL TAKEN ON DIFFERENT DAY'S OFF THE WEST CUMBRIAN COAST DURING THE SUMMER.

BEST REGARDS.

JOHN.

Last edited by Bluejon; 3rd August 2017 at 21:18..