Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2009, 10:33   #21
Garaidh
Regular poster

'99 Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE HL auto

Hi Derek

The SARR day sounds great so we will come - please add me to the list!

I'll do the form at the weekend. Looking forward to it...

Gary / M111RGL
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:58   #22
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Excellent news Gary and I look forward to meeting you on the 24th and viewing your "gorgeous" car. Have you not posted any pictures yet?

Okay, so so far we have:
  1. Derekosb
  2. pab
  3. Scooterchick
  4. WeeMan
  5. Garaidh
Looking forward to lots more coming along. To be included in the programme all entries need to be in by the 1st of May.

Still plenty of time so get registered and lets see a great turnout from the club on the 24th!

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:02   #23
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Thanks Derek for the PM about this meet...
I missed it on the forum and sorry that I did so.
Regrettably we are moving to Portugal on the 11th. May and so will not be able to take part at what appears to be a great venue and a good meeting.
Perhaps I might extend to all our Scottish members, an invitation to what might be the first Portuguese Meet, it would be great to be able to get a sub-section of the Club going in Pt. I know that there are at least three members already and I have photographs of about a dozen 75/ZTs from around the area that we will be living, I shall have to produce a Flyer in Portuguese and have a splurge...
We are taking the ZT-T with us, it's worth so little in UK but would cost about €16,000 to get a similar one in PT
Have a grand time, will be thinking of you all, from the poolside
Martin & Pauline Jackson
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:21   #24
p5tgc
Regular poster

Now sold

Default Scottish All Rover Rally 2009

The earlier posts have covered just about everything and we are looking forward to seeing many of you at Thirlestane on May 24th.

Members are also welcome to come along on the Saturday for the road tour, about 80 miles around the Borders countryside, an excellent start to a weekend away. The rally buffet on Saturday evening is now sold out, so make alternative arrangements if staying over Saturday night.

We would encourage entrants to submit their forms by May 1st so we can get the programme printed and the entry passes made out and posted. You can enter "on the day" but this will require you to pay the normal admission charge to get onto the site in addition to the Rally entry fee.
p5tgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:37   #25
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
Thanks Derek for the PM about this meet...
I missed it on the forum and sorry that I did so.
Regrettably we are moving to Portugal on the 11th. May and so will not be able to take part at what appears to be a great venue and a good meeting.
Perhaps I might extend to all our Scottish members, an invitation to what might be the first Portuguese Meet, it would be great to be able to get a sub-section of the Club going in Pt. I know that there are at least three members already and I have photographs of about a dozen 75/ZTs from around the area that we will be living, I shall have to produce a Flyer in Portuguese and have a splurge...
We are taking the ZT-T with us, it's worth so little in UK but would cost about €16,000 to get a similar one in PT
Have a grand time, will be thinking of you all, from the poolside
Martin & Pauline Jackson
Hi Martin & Pauline

I thought it was quite soon you were moving as I remembered your thread asking about sourcing a LHD ZT-T, just was not aware it was quite so soon. I remember being shocked at how much our cars were worth in Europe! Do we undervalue our own products do you think?

Anyway, that is of course a shame you will miss the meet, however I do not think for a moment you should have any "regrets" as you head off on your new adventure.

I am sure I echo all the members who were fortunate enough to meet you last November when I wish you and Pauline Bon Voyage and good luck in your move to the sunshine and life as a retired Ex-Pat!

Keep in touch on the forum and who knows, if ever in your neck of the woods a member may drop by. If you get notice in advance you will have time to leg it before they (we) descend.

A gentleman as always Martin, we will miss you at the meet and shall think of you enviously by the pool!

Good luck,

Derek

Old 3rd April 2009, 12:54   #26
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5tgc View Post
We would encourage entrants to submit their forms by May 1st so we can get the programme printed and the entry passes made out and posted. You can enter "on the day" but this will require you to pay the normal admission charge to get onto the site in addition to the Rally entry fee.
Hi Trevor,

Glad you checked in and can see how we are progressing with numbers.

Can I just ask, if any member did not want to "enter" their car in the Rally can you just turn up as member of the public so to speak as a spectator?

Just wondering in case the idea of putting their car "on display" as it were was putting anyone off? Would they simply pay the admission price to the Castle Grounds then?

Anyway, looking forward to the day and you should hopefully have recieved my entry form today (posted yesterday).

Regards,

Derek

Old 3rd April 2009, 13:50   #27
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

that was a question that i was going to ask,but i thought to leave it and see if it came up later in the thread so to speak.obviously if we book and pay in advance we will get allocated parking area,the picturea on the video look great by the way.

pab
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:26   #28
p5tgc
Regular poster

Now sold

Default Scottish All Rover Rally

Thirlestane Castle and its grounds will be open to the public on Sunday 24 May, so yes someone could arrive and park in the public car park and visit the castle and walk around the cars by buying a general castle & grounds ticket.

The public car park is some distance from the castle though, wheras the show cars are parked right in front of the castle as can be seen in the pictures.
p5tgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:24   #29
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I'm sorry to say I wont be there
I will be in sunny Castleford all by myself thinking of you guys
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:41   #30
pab
Banned