Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st March 2009, 21:12   #1
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Default New Scottish Meet: Sunday 24th May 2009

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi All.

Following on from our small meet in November and a recent question regarding planned meets a few of us (so far, more to join in hopefully) have agreed to have a meet at The Scottish All Rover Rally at Thirlstane Castle, near Lauder, Berwickshire.

Sunday 24th March 2009.

Full details of the Rally as well as an entry form to download can be found at: www.sarr.co.uk

One of the members here (p5tgc) is on the committee and has confirmed that MG drivers are also welcome and would simply enter Class 11 - Other Vehicles. 75's would go in to Class 6 - Modern Rovers (post SD1).

Entry to the Rally costs £10 per car and that allows free access to the Castle grounds for the day so is pretty good value. There is also discounted entrance to the Castle(which is only open on the Sunday).

The event runs on both Saturday & Sunday although the members who have confirmed so far are looking at just attending the static show on the Sunday. Feel free to get involved on the Saturday if you want, we are simply planning the 75 & ZT Club "unofficial" Meet for the Sunday.

So who else is up for it? Come on all the Scottish Members and any members close enough who would like to attend? Should be a great day out and a chance to meet up with some like minded Rover (and MG) enthusiasts.

So far (please copy and add your name to this list if you are coming) we have:

1. Derekosb
2. pab
3. Scooterchick
4. WeeMan

To the other posters on the original thread (Shabbs, Tammyboy, WeeMan, Garaidh and tazman3) do you fancy it? And to all the other members (Time Searcher, Bluey 9, Gerfix, SimonGodrey (are you still away?), Poseidon Tourer, Rosebank, broxmeister, Microcat36) from our first meet last year see if you can make it. Spread the word and lets have a strong showing from the club members

Hope to see you all on the 24th of May.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.

Last edited by derekosb; 2nd April 2009 at 16:07.. Reason: Added WeeMan to list
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 22:25   #2
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Just to whet your appetite for the 24th here is a Panoramic shot from last years SARR (courtesy of the P6 Rover Owners Club). This is 6 individual shots pieced together so please forgive any overlapping. It is the 1st time I have used my Panaroma maker!

Hopefully if we get the weather it will be a great day. If you look closely you will see there were some 75's there last year. Let's hope we can have a stronger showing this year.

Derek

Last edited by derekosb; 31st March 2009 at 22:28.. Reason: Added photo this time!
Old 31st March 2009, 23:20   #3
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Hi Derek,

Would members from Cumbria be allowed,Jan my wife and I are both members and would be interested in attending if possible.Cant confirm just yet,will let you know after Cosford,many thanks.

Best Regards.

John & Jan.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:14   #4
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Hi John & Jan

I am sure you would be most welcome and I was hoping a few of the Northern English members would pick up on this.

I have e-mailed the organiser to be sure I am not wrong (but I don't really think there would be any problem).

Looks like an excellent day out and it would be great to see you both along.

I note you said you would not decide until after Cosford. Only point to make is that all entries should be in by 1st May to ensure inclusion.

If you look closely in the following photo you will see a few 75's were there last year. Come on everyone. Lets make a day of it. (Photo courtesy of the P6 Drivers Club).

Kind regards

Derek

Last edited by derekosb; 1st April 2009 at 14:19.. Reason: spelling
Old 1st April 2009, 15:24   #5
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

Derek, I'd like to say yes I'll make it but after my Cosford disappointment I'm not going to until nearer the end of the month. And by then I'll know exactly where I am with repairs and servicing. Watch this space......

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 15:57   #6
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

should be a great day out,spring bank holiday.hope a few members from the northwest and maybe the northeast could join us and make a real event of it

pab
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:19   #7
derekosb

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERFIX View Post
Derek, I'd like to say yes I'll make it but after my Cosford disappointment I'm not going to until nearer the end of the month. And by then I'll know exactly where I am with repairs and servicing. Watch this space......
Hi Colin

I just read your Cosford cancelled post and I hope you get the car sorted without too much additional work emerging as you go! I hope you can make it as I think it will be a top day. Entries are all meant to be in by the 1st of May so go for it. You still have 53 days to get all the repairs done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
should be a great day out,spring bank holiday.hope a few members from the northwest and maybe the northeast could join us and make a real event of it

pab
Hi Paul,

Hopefully bluejon is just the start of the cross border involvement. Heres to a strong showing of 75's and ZT's.

Derek

Old 1st April 2009, 16:55   #8
Shabbs
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE, Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi All.

Following on from our small meet in November and a recent question regarding planned meets a few of us (so far, more to join in hopefully) have agreed to have a meet at The Scottish All Rover Rally at Thirlstane Castle, near Lauder, Berwickshire.

Sunday 24th March 2009.

Full details of the Rally as well as an entry form to download can be found at: www.sarr.co.uk

One of the members here (p5tgc) is on the committee and has confirmed that MG drivers are also welcome and would simply enter Class 11 - Other Vehicles. 75's would go in to Class 6 - Modern Rovers (post SD1).

Entry to the Rally costs £10 per car and that allows free access to the Castle grounds for the day so is pretty good value. There is also discounted entrance to the Castle(which is only open on the Sunday).

The event runs on both Saturday & Sunday although the members who have confirmed so far are looking at just attending the static show on the Sunday. Feel free to get involved on the Saturday if you want, we are simply planning the 75 & ZT Club "unofficial" Meet for the Sunday.

So who else is up for it? Come on all the Scottish Members and any members close enough who would like to attend? Should be a great day out and a chance to meet up with some like minded Rover (and MG) enthusiasts.

So far (please copy and add your name to this list if you are coming) we have:

1. Derekosb
2. pab
3. Scooterchick

To the other posters on the original thread (Shabbs, Tammyboy, WeeMan, Garaidh and tazman3) do you fancy it? And to all the other members (Time Searcher, Bluey 9, Gerfix, SimonGodrey (are you still away?), Poseidon Tourer, Rosebank, broxmeister, Microcat36) from our first meet last year see if you can make it. Spread the word and lets have a strong showing from the club members

Hope to see you all on the 24th of May.

Derek
Derek

I'm keen to attend, my only other concern is this is the last weekend in the SPL and as a season book holder it may be a decisive one. as soon as the fixtures are released I will conirm eithe way.

cheers.
Shabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:59   #9
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

Hi all,
This was a good event last year ... I was one of the few 75's which were there. If I get chance over the next few days I'll post up a picture or two. I'm planning to go again this year, although I have to admit that my plan is to take our SD1 Vitesse at the moment rather than a 75. It would be really good to see a decent number of 75's this year and I am certain that you will be made very welcome. I will certainly look forward to meeting you all.

Paul
Old 1st April 2009, 23:40   #10
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Hi John & Jan

I am sure you would be most welcome and I was hoping a few of the Northern English members would pick up on this.

I have e-mailed the organiser to be sure I am not wrong (but I don't really think there would be any problem).

Looks like an excellent day out and it would be great to see you both along.

I note you said you would not decide until after Cosford. Only point to make is that all entries should be in by 1st May to ensure inclusion.

If you look closely in the following photo you will see a few 75's were there last year. Come on everyone. Lets make a day of it. (Photo courtesy of the P6 Drivers Club).

Kind regards

Derek
Hi Derek,

Will certainly let you know before 1st may,going by above picture certainly looks like a good meet,likewise we hope this attracts a good turnout from south of the border

Best Regards.

John & Jan.