Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2008, 17:12   #21
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Carl - you're welcome to pop over and use mine to try it out before you buy if you want.

Thank you

I have to get my car spick and span before May as it is being used as a Wedding Car for my Wifes friends ........... Hopefully will have the Wing sorted long before then and a couple of stone chips on the Bonnet to get done.

Is it just the Steering wheel, seats, Gear Lever cover and Gear Knob cover that are leather or is there more leather on the car?
Old 30th January 2008, 17:43   #22
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
Is it just the Steering wheel, seats, Gear Lever cover and Gear Knob cover that are leather or is there more leather on the car?
That's all I ever do with Gliptone Carl. In fact I don't use any on the steering wheel.
Old 30th January 2008, 18:07   #23
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
That's all I ever do with Gliptone Carl. In fact I don't use any on the steering wheel.

ok

So the rest is just using a vinyl cleaner and the steering wheel rim a damp cloth or something?

Never had Leather trim before so want to make sure its well looked after
Old 30th January 2008, 18:11   #24
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
ok

So the rest is just using a vinyl cleaner and the steering wheel rim a damp cloth or something?

Never had Leather trim before so want to make sure its well looked after
Didn't intend to put you off cleaning the steering wheel Carl. It's just that I personally don't like putting anything on it which might make it slippery. Gliptone probably won't make it slippery, it's just one of my idiosyncrasies.
Old 30th January 2008, 18:37   #25
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Lee - I have one you can have. Comes with some polishing & buffing bonnets. It's a mains powered one - Halfrauds own brand.

It's redundant now I have the Meguires machine.
Thanks Paul, I will accept your offer and pay you of course, I will sort it with you at the next meet thank you
Old 30th January 2008, 19:11   #26
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragitty View Post
Thanks Paul, I will accept your offer and pay you of course, I will sort it with you at the next meet thank you
Lee, I said you can have it. That means foc - in my book anyway! It's just sat in the garage collecting dust. This is the one, 'cept in a different colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairda View Post
May I ask how you got on with the Megs machine Tatts? (Welcome back by the way!)

I've been reading about the Porter Cable vs Ultimate Detailing Machine vs the Megs one and until the UDM is available with UK voltage, the Megs one is the only one that's plug 'n' play out of the box.

Sorry, missed your question! In reply - I don't know! Not had chance to use it yet. It's been raining on all my days off since xmas. Not impressed!

Like you say though, the Megs is plug & play. No messing with transformers etc. From what I've gathered so far is the Megs machine is best for the novice/amature, as the action is random, as opposed to a straight circular action. Less chance of burning through the paintwork!

Last edited by Tatts; 30th January 2008 at 19:16.. Reason: <^+^>
Old 30th January 2008, 20:16   #27
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Sorry, missed your question! In reply - I don't know! Not had chance to use it yet. It's been raining on all my days off since xmas. Not impressed!

Like you say though, the Megs is plug & play. No messing with transformers etc. From what I've gathered so far is the Megs machine is best for the novice/amature, as the action is random, as opposed to a straight circular action. Less chance of burning through the paintwork!
I'll be interested to hear how you get on then. Having not used a machine before, the more info I can get before shelling out the better!

Member No. 971
Old 30th January 2008, 20:57   #28
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairda View Post
I'll be interested to hear how you get on then. Having not used a machine before, the more info I can get before shelling out the better!

When I get chance, I'll do a write up & photos, as I've also just bought a snow-foam attachment for the Karcher & 5 litres of snow foam. Had a quick play with it last Friday, the foam was like shaving foam covering the car, great fun!
Old 10th February 2008, 00:35   #29
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
This is the one I have: HERE
£7.49 seems very cheap - is that the correct price?

Does it gobble up the polishing pads?
Old 10th February 2008, 08:40   #30
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

Quote:
This is the one I have: HERE

A bargain in my opinion..........I spent longer waiting for the Polish to dry off than I actually spent putting the polish on and more importantly you save a lot of Polish as it spreads the polish on evenly rather than you putting it on a cloth and only getting 8 - 10 Inches square.

I will have a look for Gliptone next week when I am shopping

MrBitsy - Oddly enough, The car care kit doesnt have any Wax in there ?? But will invest in some
Carl, I have a similar buffer to yours and it does indeed make the job much easier and almost pleasurable. I have only used the buffer to apply polish and a cloth to polish up though and unfortunately haven't had a chance to use it on the ZT yet. Sometime soon though....

Closed Thread