Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st May 2013, 17:40   #21
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

75 Contemp SE Tourer CDTi

Default My Trial

One side has my usual Carnauba wax; pretty good I think - the other has the Sonax on......................WOW

Methinks the matching shampoo may need trying
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2856.jpg (126.1 KB, 81 views)
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:36   #22
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Been using this QD for a few months now, I bought a 5 litre bottle from Germany. It's a little more difficult to remove than most QD's as it isn't quite as slick to the touch but the look is up there with best. It's aquaphobic properties are quite extraordinary, it's impossible to hose the car as the water just disappears on impact. Ensure that you buff immediately as it can streak if it dries, apply to a quarter/ half a panel at a time (depending on panel size).
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:30   #23
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Been using this QD for a few months now, I bought a 5 litre bottle from Germany. It's a little more difficult to remove than most QD's as it isn't quite as slick to the touch but the look is up there with best. It's aquaphobic properties are quite extraordinary, it's impossible to hose the car as the water just disappears on impact. Ensure that you buff immediately as it can streak if it dries, apply to a quarter/ half a panel at a time (depending on panel size).
What do you wash it with?????
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:34   #24
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJBridge View Post
What do you wash it with?????
Either Optimum No Rinse (ONR) or Duragloss shampoo depending on how dirty it is.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:08   #25
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Wellllll,put some on the bonnet this morning,shines nice Went for a drive over the moors around tea-time cos i was bored It rained.The water on the bonnet just blew straight off into the windscreen Now,just had a look outside as it's been raining again(that's unusual) nice beading on the roof(untreated) but the bonnet looks dry So,looking good for now Rest of the car later this week,methinks
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 18:29   #26
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Wellllll,put some on the bonnet this morning,shines nice Went for a drive over the moors around tea-time cos i was bored It rained.The water on the bonnet just blew straight off into the windscreen Now,just had a look outside as it's been raining again(that's unusual) nice beading on the roof(untreated) but the bonnet looks dry So,looking good for now Rest of the car later this week,methinks
I've only done the bonnet too.

Heavy showers today - when I left work the most miniature beads I've ever seen, by the time I got to 25 ish they'd rolled into 5 or 6 big beads which then exploded onto the windscreen!!!

I've ordered the Sonax 'self drying' shampoo to try; as I hate drying the car!!!
Old 25th May 2013, 11:55   #27
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I dont hold these self drying or no rinse shampoos in much regard. To me they all need rinsing and drying, but the Sonax one is about as good as they get.

I wasnt that impressed the first time i used it, but i used it today and it seemed much better. It helps if the water is quite hot and you use at least as much as they say to, which for my bucket is about 3 cap fulls. The car is lovely and shiny now and still repelling water like mad. its a good match for the detailer.
Old 25th May 2013, 18:23   #28
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
I dont hold these self drying or no rinse shampoos in much regard. To me they all need rinsing and drying, but the Sonax one is about as good as they get.

I wasnt that impressed the first time i used it, but i used it today and it seemed much better. It helps if the water is quite hot and you use at least as much as they say to, which for my bucket is about 3 cap fulls. The car is lovely and shiny now and still repelling water like mad. its a good match for the detailer.
I don't expect it to be 100% perfect, but if it is 90%, that'll be a great help, as I find drying the car the worst bit!!!
Old 26th May 2013, 14:54   #29
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I gave in and bought the 5 litre bottle. Cant get enough of it, and I thought I better get more because the car is due for its annual full detail.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:04   #30
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

I bought some of this despite being a bit sceptical. Well, I think the shine speaks for itself...... Its now top of my list of stuff to use on the car and would recommend it to anyone. Not raied since I used it but no doubt it will later today (well, its a bank holiday, so it must be going to rain).

DaveyC is offline   Reply With Quote